Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by the dealer today that my 06 Sonata LX needs a High Pressure Fuel Pump. I'm looking around for this part specifically and can't seem to find it. Does any fuel pump work for this, or is there a different name I should be looking for? Thanks.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I was told by the dealer today that my 06 Sonata LX needs a High Pressure Fuel Pump. I'm looking around for this part specifically and can't seem to find it. Does any fuel pump work for this, or is there a different name I should be looking for? Thanks.
Maybe a fuel pump, think they're confused with "high pressure" though. What's wrong with the vehicle? No start?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
The low pressure fuel pump lives in your gas tank. From looking at the Hyundai Tech Site and searching this forum, the high pressure fuel pump sits on top of the engine. You don't specify which engine you have: 2.4 or 3.3L?

·
Registered
622 Posts
The low pressure fuel pump lives in your gas tank. From looking at the Hyundai Tech Site and searching this forum, the high pressure fuel pump sits on top of the engine. You don't specify which engine you have: 2.4 or 3.3L?
NF Sonata does not have high pressure fuel pump. I think whoever gave them the info was confused with a newer Sonata that has the GDI

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
NF Sonata uses the std 50+ PSI non-return system

YF (2011-) uses a fuel pump in tank to feed fuel to the GDI' high pressure fuel pump, which jacks the rail pressure up to 14-1500 PSI under high load I think it is

Why are we looking to replace fuel pump in NF Sonata ?

Best repair is to replace the fuel pump module, as you may find 1 of the terminals overheated and turn black where it pass through the top plate into tank for pump pigtail to plug in..

31110-3Kx00 (x = 4, 5, or 6 I think it is),, and 1 of the modules requires a $75 tube to be replaced after module install.

Reactions: jzech
1 - 5 of 5 Posts