Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am kind of curious about what is the highest mileage running hybrids out there....so please post up the following...

Yr/Make/Model
Current Mileage
Any Major work done

Mine is 2013 hybrid
90K miles Bought it at 80K
Changes the tires, tranny fluid and HID conversion in the projector and LEDs in the fogs

Sandan

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I am at 90K and was hoping to hear from others if anyone has gotten the big battery replaced and if they did then as what Milage and how much did it cost. I am not looking at Warranty claims, Private buy and replace....

just need to know fi I should hold on to the vehicle of trade and replace with another.....the only big ticket item that worries me is the Big Battery....all else I can repair and fix myself....

sandan

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I am at 90K and was hoping to hear from others if anyone has gotten the big battery replaced and if they did then as what Milage and how much did it cost. I am not looking at Warranty claims, Private buy and replace....

just need to know fi I should hold on to the vehicle of trade and replace with another.....the only big ticket item that worries me is the Big Battery....all else I can repair and fix myself....

sandan
Hyundai claims the hybrid battery will last over 300,000 miles, based on their testing. When you think of batteries failing at 100,000 to 150,000 miles, you are thinking of the Prius (and similar) with their NiMH batteries -- LiPo batteries (like the Sonata uses) are much longer lasting.

At this point, I can't recall anyone needing to have their battery replaced (with the a weak memory of a person who had a relatively new car that had a manufacturing issue with his battery). I seem to recall at least one user here has around 200,000 miles currently on his Sonata Hybrid with no hybrid battery issues.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you Mogelijk......another technical question....does the suspension on a no hybrid sonata same yr model fit a hybrid model..... the weight differential in both the vehicles is just 100lbs.

sandan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.