Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I recently bought a 2008 Accent and while driving at night my high beams didn't seem very bright. So I pulled up in front of a store front to use the windows as a mirror and it looks as though the driver side is on high beam while the passenger side is low beam. Then if I turn on the high beams, the driver's side looks to be low and the passenger side is high. What would be a possible cause for this?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,726 Posts
What would be a possible cause for this?
Possibly the driver's headlamp has been replaced at some point with a cheap aftermarket part that has been wired up wrong at the factory (aka sweat shop in China).
I seem to remember someone else on the forum having a similar problem with an aftermarket headlamp a while back. I think that was an Accent too funnily enough. Maybe you bought their car :D

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
I had a Eagle Eye replacement headlight for my 2008. Something in it was internally wired wrong and it made my fog lights quit working.

The early 2006s had a different headlight too with the connector different and the wire a larger size. FWIW

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed my problem the old school way. I snipped the wires I suspected of being switched and spliced them back together the correct way. High beams are high and low beams are low on both sides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts