Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I cheaped out on buying HID's and bought this kit from HIDextra.com for $45. I should have rather spent another $100 buck and got a more reliable kit. Anyways, lately my HID's have been behaving wierd. Sometimes one of the kit does not turn ON. If I switch OFF the headlights and immediately turn them ON again, it works fine. Once, I even pulled over and disconnected the power connector and set it back again. it worked fine. I dont think its a lose contact since consequent on/off action gets it back to working again.
Anyone had this trouble before?

I did email hidextra and they wanted me to ship it back to them at my cost and they will then determine if there is anything wrong (more than likely they will not be able to reproduce this behavior). So i will again waste time/money shipping it back again myself.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
QUOTE (11sonatase @ Nov 22 2010, 09:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373963
I know I cheaped out on buying HID's and bought this kit from HIDextra.com for $45. I should have rather spent another $100 buck and got a more reliable kit. Anyways, lately my HID's have been behaving wierd. Sometimes one of the kit does not turn ON. If I switch OFF the headlights and immediately turn them ON again, it works fine. Once, I even pulled over and disconnected the power connector and set it back again. it worked fine. I dont think its a lose contact since consequent on/off action gets it back to working again.
Anyone had this trouble before?

I did email hidextra and they wanted me to ship it back to them at my cost and they will then determine if there is anything wrong (more than likely they will not be able to reproduce this behavior). So i will again waste time/money shipping it back again myself.

You need a capacitor, or a pair of them. Here is a DIY writeup:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=617166

1 - 8 of 8 Posts