Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, was excited to finally get these things installed and they looked and were working perfectly. Unfortunately after one hour of use, whilst pulling into the garage, the drivers side bulb just cuts out completely. Check all the wiring everything is good, the passenger side is still working perfectly, so I need your guys knowledge on this to determine what the **** the problem would be, because I pulled out the bulb and it is completely in tact. Does anyone have any ideas on what it would be?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and forgot to add that the passenger side ballast still makes that humming sound but the drivers side ballast is not making any sound.

·
Registered
939 Posts
You may have lost power to that ballast. Check your wiring and if you have a meter test for voltage at the power input connection to the ballast. Do NOT try to test at the bulb connection, there is hazardous voltage present there when the ballast is running.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may have lost power to that ballast. Check your wiring and if you have a meter test for voltage at the power input connection to the ballast. Do NOT try to test at the bulb connection, there is hazardous voltage present there when the ballast is running.
I did have it installed by an HID/Audio place, should I just take it there tomorrow?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I do have a harness installed and I woke up this morning and turned on my lights and they somehow both worked and I drove for about an hour and later I drove again and they were working.

Now the drivers side is not working again. What the **** is the problem!??

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Yes I do have a harness installed and I woke up this morning and turned on my lights and they somehow both worked and I drove for about an hour and later I drove again and they were working.

Now the drivers side is not working again. What the **** is the problem!??
The first time I bought my HIDs from a shop down the street and didn't use a relay I went through 3 ballasts in about a month and it was always the driver side that went out. As soon as I put the relay harness on it stopped doing that and has been working perfect since. I think it might be something with the relay but ya if you just got it installed then take it back and they will fix it or should fix it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you guys. I recently decided to take the wiring harness off and have had no problems since. A xenonsupply tech support guy told me to do so and that ended up being the culprit of the whole thing.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you guys. I recently decided to take the wiring harness off and have had no problems since. A xenonsupply tech support guy told me to do so and that ended up being the culprit of the whole thing.
mine doing this too! so it won't harm your electrical system without the wiring harness at all?

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
mine doing this too! so it won't harm your electrical system without the wiring harness at all?
You have a chance to harm the system which is why you need a harness. However most people try to find the cheapest thing they can buy. A BCM module is roughly $750 currently; and thats what you are protecting.

Find a quality harness and install. DDM, XS, HidRetrofit all sell them for 15 or less. Buying harnesses off of fleaBay is a crap shoot at best.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You have a chance to harm the system which is why you need a harness. However most people try to find the cheapest thing they can buy. A BCM module is roughly $750 currently; and thats what you are protecting.

Find a quality harness and install. DDM, XS, HidRetrofit all sell them for 15 or less. Buying harnesses off of fleaBay is a crap shoot at best.
no worries! got a wiring harness too from XS when I bought my HID's from them cause I don't want to harm my electrical system. actually called XS about this problem, and they said it's a bad ground connection.

·
Registered
364 Posts
so where did you place the ground wire for the driver side? wanna move it, so it will stop going out!
Kept it in the same spot just did a little grinding. If u seen the video they suggest that you put it under the bolt that attaches the headlight. I kept it there

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Guys, grinding paint is not a good solution. You are exposing yourself to rust.

I say this time and time again. There are TWO OEM grounds, one for each side that are valid and reliable and do not require the ghetto grinding of paint for a proper connection.

1) Drivers side to the right of the battery is a ground connection. Its one of the main grounds in the car. Loosen the bolt, put your ring connector over it and then re-tighten.

2) Passenger side there is an acessory ground on the fender wall with a 10mm nut on it.

These two grounds are built into the car's system and will do exactly what you need them to do and will be totally reliable. People that have struggled with installs/flickering/random lighting have moved to these grounds and never had a problem since.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts