Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if all the wiring is in place up to the stock rear view mirror vicinity to add on the upgrade mirror (self diming, homelink, compass) if you don not already have on your Sonata.

Any other features that have wiring waiting and just waiting for an upgrade (i.e. side mirrors turn singnals built in, etc).

Maybe those that have been down this road can get a list going if it amounts to much.

Regards,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-Sonata...sQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just installed this yesterday, got the homelink for $200 from the dealer. There is a 6-pin connector in the overhead console that you wire the homelink harness to using the provided t-tap connectors. Took about 20 min to install.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Also no wiring for mirror turn signals.

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (jdugan4859 @ Jul 27 2010, 09:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345358
It won't be hard to run the wires though the door and under the dash. That's how I had to do it on my truck, just have to figure out what wire is for the turn signals, and where to tap for courtesy light. Shouldn't be to hard.
The hardest part would be hiding the wires. I would just hook up the wire to the turn signal, right by the turn signal and run the wire through the firewall and then through the door to the mirror.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I find running wires through those accordion grommets in the door difficult if its very full. Even using a hanger or fish tape. That's usually the hardest part of installs for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts