Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an SE and there is a hidden button inside the center console. Anyone know what it's for? It's not explained anywhere in the manual. You can reach your finger in and actually push it. Could it be some sort of reset or a plug in for a the computer? Thanks!

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (Hashman @ Jul 7 2010, 03:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339583
I have an SE and there is a hidden button inside the center console. Anyone know what it's for? It's not explained anywhere in the manual. You can reach your finger in and actually push it. Could it be some sort of reset or a plug in for a the computer? Thanks!
the button your pushing is actually part of the module that will take the keyfob should the batteries die and you are unable to drive the car home. stick the keyfob in there and the car will start just fine

·
Registered
548 Posts
I think the real question here is.... do you want the blue pill or the red pill??

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (Proprioceptive @ Jul 7 2010, 03:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339585
I think the real question here is.... do you want the blue pill or the red pill??
I'm a gambling man (not really) so I'll take my chances with both....its not deadly to mix is it???

·
Registered
717 Posts
Shbby is right even though the dealer doesn't show you this for some reason. I found thi sout because I drove a KIA and the guy pointed that out to me.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (ssmuff @ Jul 7 2010, 03:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339592
Shbby is right even though the dealer doesn't show you this for some reason. I found thi sout because I drove a KIA and the guy pointed that out to me.
your dealer actually showed you stuff about the car? my salesman didn't even know how to start the **** thing! lol (i actually showed him how to work the nav and ipod integration)

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jul 7 2010, 03:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339595
your dealer actually showed you stuff about the car? my salesman didn't even know how to start the **** thing! lol (i actually showed him how to work the nav and ipod integration)
Haha... I've had to educate almost every salesperson about the car they were "attempting" to sell me. It's sad, really...

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (Proprioceptive @ Jul 7 2010, 04:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339605
Haha... I've had to educate almost every salesperson about the car they were "attempting" to sell me. It's sad, really...
whats even worse is, its not like the salesmen make a real salary.... a car salesman in NY makes $150/week base pay. $100 per car sold, plus $150 for each survey returned with all 10's. Plus monthly incentives for going over quota, etc...

you'd think they'd invest in AT LEAST a one day quick training to get salesmen up to speed on all current models, but why invest in your staff? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
210 Posts
QUOTE (Hashman @ Jul 7 2010, 03:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339583
Its for the ejector seat for annoying passengers...LOL
Actually yes my salesman showed it to me - otherwise I never would have known it was there :thumbsup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jul 7 2010, 04:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339610
whats even worse is, its not like the salesmen make a real salary.... a car salesman in NY makes $150/week base pay. $100 per car sold, plus $150 for each survey returned with all 10's. Plus monthly incentives for going over quota, etc...

you'd think they'd invest in AT LEAST a one day quick training to get salesmen up to speed on all current models, but why invest in your staff? :rolleyes:
My salesman was trying to figure out the backup camera on the SE I bought. He kept telling me "put it in park, put it in reverse, do it again....humph". "Uh Mr. Salesman, I don't think this has that feature"

·
Registered
15 Posts
The salesman at Northtown Hyundai explained the fob feature in the center console he had explained everything to my satisfaction he even called 2 days latter to make sure everything was satisfactory. I had a question about my blue tooth and he got back to me the same day, unbelievable who knew there were salesmen out there that do there homework.

·
Registered
210 Posts
QUOTE (midnite c @ Jul 7 2010, 06:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339655
The salesman at Northtown Hyundai explained the fob feature in the center console he had explained everything to my satisfaction he even called 2 days latter to make sure everything was satisfactory. I had a question about my blue tooth and he got back to me the same day, unbelievable who knew there were salesmen out there that do there homework.
Northtown Hyundai in Buffalo?? I am in Suburbs of Buffalo - got my baby at Transitowne - a month ago tomorrow :thumbsup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
My salesman was actually pretty good, and did show me this feature inside the center console. The only thing he didn't know about was the 1-touch, 3-blink turn signal. Other than that, he knew pretty much everything. Which is especially astounding since he had English as a 2nd language, as he was from the Dominican Republic. So kudos to Roberto at Bob King Hyundai in Winston-Salem, NC!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Whats with the 1-touch, 3-blink turn signal. This is news to me.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you press the turn signal just enough to engage it, but not actually "click" it on, it will blink three times in that direction. My 02 Audi A4 did the same thing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jul 7 2010, 02:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339584
the button your pushing is actually part of the module that will take the keyfob should the batteries die and you are unable to drive the car home. stick the keyfob in there and the car will start just fine
Really. Seriously. Don't joke around with me. I know how you guys are. Make fun of the new guy. I thought I knew everything about this car. Salesman said nothing about this.

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jul 7 2010, 03:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339610

$150 survey money if you sell >/=11 new units and have a Hyundai index score of over 900! :p

·
Registered
817 Posts
QUOTE (Hashman @ Jul 7 2010, 11:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339709
Really. Seriously. Don't joke around with me. I know how you guys are. Make fun of the new guy. I thought I knew everything about this car. Salesman said nothing about this.
Hey Hashman -

Check page 5-10 of the Owner's Manual.

Enjoy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts