Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
I assume that you are talking about American Sonatas, and no, none of them come from the factory with HIDs. They are factory options in other parts of the world, though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume that you are talking about American Sonatas, and no, none of them come from the factory with HIDs. They are factory options in other parts of the world, though.
Yes, American.

Puzzles me, they have the nice LED all around the front and no HID's or even an option for an upgrade in America?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Halogens actually run hotter than HID's as they emit more IR (infrared) light. The first winter before I installed the HID's I found that the halogens melted the snow off of my headlight housing nicely whereas last winter the HID's had a harder time keeping the housings clear.

·
Registered
198 Posts
This is true. In general, as you increase in a light device's efficiency (incandescent-->Flourescent-->LED-->etc...) you decrease the amount of heat the device produces (hence the reason why it is more efficient).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Eric,

Do you have the Xenon Supply kit or DDM? The XS kit looks like it has all the wiring plug n play, but for more $$.

FWIW: I have DDM in my F150 and they have been problem free for 4 years now. But I had to modify some wiring to get them to work.

I want to put HIDs in my wife's new HSH. Just not sure what route to go.

(And I think I am going to do LEDs in the fogs)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Eric,

Do you have the Xenon Supply kit or DDM? The XS kit looks like it has all the wiring plug n play, but for more $$.

FWIW: I have DDM in my F150 and they have been problem free for 4 years now. But I had to modify some wiring to get them to work.

I want to put HIDs in my wife's new HSH. Just not sure what route to go.

(And I think I am going to do LEDs in the fogs)
I have the Xenon Supply Kit - 6000K. I little on the pricey side compared to others on the market but haven't had any issues to date. I wired using a relay as recommended.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I went to Xenonsupply.com and they list 5 pages of xenon bulbs for our car. What the heck!
Most all are $89 so whats the difference?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the Xenon Supply Kit - 6000K. I little on the pricey side compared to others on the market but haven't had any issues to date. I wired using a relay as recommended.
Hi Eric,
you're HID setup looks amazing! I was thinking of DDM but I dont think it'll provide that type of quality like yours shows.

Between the DDM and Xenon, is there any difference in light output/quality with the 6k? One thing I like about the DDM is the slim ballast. I see that the Xenon one comes with Slim for $20 dollars but more was wondering if yours is slim or normal?
Would you be able to post pics of your install and how it looks like?

Thanks so much
Reggie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts