Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was active on this forum back in 2013 and 2014 when I installed XenonSupply HID upgrade in my 2011 HSH.

I am searching for the thread now and can't find it.

My 2011 YF HSH is still going strong, but I'm having some problems with the HIDs. Sometimes they both fail to start, or even shut down while driving, and then turn back on again a few minutes later. This is very strange since there are individual ballasts for each lamp.

Apparently, XenonSupply is out of business. Does anybody know what happened to them?

I first tried to search for threads that I posted in. I cannot find any way to do that. Searching on my username gives "No results found." But I cannot find any advanced search to search by username. Even without the advanced search function, any search should match timg11 since people responded to me in the thread text with that username.

Then I searched for xenonsupply. Changing Most Revant to Most Recent, the the most recent post is in 2012. ???

I have a printout of part of the thread I participated in in 2013, it was very long with hundreds of posts.
The exact thread title is "Xenonsupply Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Hid Conversion Kit Now Available!"
It was in the "Sonata YF Hybrid" subforum.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I would guess the wiring needs to be looked at. I put HIDs in my fog lights on my Gen Coupe, made my own wire harness. But they had been off color and flickering lately. I changed ballast and bulbs but it made no difference. I found a 1/2 volt drop across the relay when on and another 1/2 volt at the bulb plug. Put new relay in and changed all the wiring connectors and they work good as new.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would guess the wiring needs to be looked at. I put HIDs in my fog lights on my Gen Coupe, made my own wire harness. But they had been off color and flickering lately. I changed ballast and bulbs but it made no difference. I found a 1/2 volt drop across the relay when on and another 1/2 volt at the bulb plug. Put new relay in and changed all the wiring connectors and they work good as new.
@Red Raspberry , thanks for the reply. Looking at the circuit, the relay is the only thing common to both lights. I replaced it, but the problem persists.
The failure scenario is similar each time: I drive somewhere early evening when it is light. I park for a couple of hours, and when I come back to the car it is dusk to dark. The headlights do not come on. Turning them off and on again doesn't help. Turning the car off and on doesn't help. I can get underway by turning on the brights. In 5 to 10 minutes I can see the flash as the HIDs finally turn on. Then they stay on for the rest of the drive.

There has never been any flicker or off-color as you mentioned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts