Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the OEM HID Projection LED Headlights from Korea to swap my standard Halogen Headlights.
The harness are same and everything works perfect, including the dynamic bending lights, except they are turning off the LED low beams after some seconds and warning on the dashboard.
Yes I need a Canceller, but the problem is that Headlights don’t have any socket for the LED low beams, it is wired directly to a PCB board inside the headlights, so the only way to install a Canceller is to cut some wires.
I really don’t want to mess and cut the harness so I need some help to a alternate solution, if is possible?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
842 Posts
I would assume that if the wiring is the same, it's probably an eeprom value in the computer that tells the software how much voltage or current to look for. You might need the dealer to switch the type of headlight on their software.

Does anyone have access to GDS software to see if that's an option?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would assume that if the wiring is the same, it's probably an eeprom value in the computer that tells the software how much voltage or current to look for. You might need the dealer to switch the type of headlight on their software.

Does anyone have access to GDS software to see if that's an option?

I was on the dealer and they told me that the BCM is different, i don’t buy it.
So if anyone has access to GDS and can confirm if there is a option to change I can go back and try to change it...

·
Registered
842 Posts
It could very well be different. I don't see any reason for the dealer to turn you away when they can charge you $50 for something easier than an oil change.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got it working!
I took a standard canceller and cut the conector to introduce it on the back of the oem connector and it works!

I isolated the wires and glued the canceller bellow the headlights...

The strange thing is I just need to use on one side...

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I bought the OEM HID Projection LED Headlights from Korea lk
great job! But what exactly did you buy: OEM HID or OEM LED headlights?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
great job! But what exactly did you buy: OEM HID or OEM LED headlights?

I think the dynamic bending is only available on the HID version.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I think the dynamic bending is only available on the HID version.
no, the LEDs also come with it, it is available everywhere besides US/Canada, and I really don't understand this!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
This one...

no, these are OEM LEDs. Leds don't come with HIDs. There are few models:
- top of the line comes either with LEDs or HIDs on low beams depending of region.
- halogen projectors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

- top of the line comes either with LEDs or HIDs on low beams depending of region.

- halogen projectors.

Just the High Beam are Halogens, booth projections are LEDs...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

- halogen projectors.

Yes you are Right, there is no HID, just LED and Halogen (High Beam).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quick update, I remove the canceller to install the new one, and tested without it... Is working!
So I believe is a problem in the connector, maybe when I removed I pulled some wire, like the ground leaving is lossy and when I pushed them again connecting the canceller its come back to place, there is no other explanation...
Now I clean all the contacts and pushed one by one to firm them and its working perfect, so no canceller is needed and the car works without any changes...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HI

kindly , send me the link for canceller . i want to buy because i have same problem .

I used standard HID Cancellers, just cutting the connector and soldering a hard iron tip to introduce it on the rubber in the back of the connector, the ground is the middle top and the positive is the middle bottom.
You just need on side (in) of the Canceller.
Anyway, I ill try to change the BCM in the dealer to remove it and I suspect the SBL is not enabled too...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts