Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Tucson Sport 1.6 Turbo. We've owned it since January and I opened the hood for the first time since we got it. I've been a Mopar guy for 50 years and this is my first off shore car. I like the car. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out where to post this. Now i see it's under fuel consumption. Ugh Moderator please put in the right place. (I'm the head moderator on Igotacummins.com)

My mission was to install HID's, with a Murotoro (However you spell it) kit. I'm looking for some suggestions on how adn where you other guys mounted your ballasts. I'm reluctant to put any holes in it. If you can, a picture would help.

The lights work fine, but I have a light out warning on the dash. For $155.00 you would think it would be working OK.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, This is Momma's car. I drive a 2003 Ram Diesel with 500K on it. I've been refurbishing this thing for 2 years myself. I'm a pretty good gear head.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
The last three sets of ballast I have put in I used wire ties and lashed them to something rather than drill holes. I do also add a ground wire to the case to a handy bolt close by.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2017 Tucson Sport 1.6 Turbo. We've owned it since January and I opened the hood for the first time since we got it. I've been a Mopar guy for 50 years and this is my first off shore car. I like the car. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out where to post this. Now i see it's under fuel consumption. Ugh Moderator please put in the right place. (I'm the head moderator on Igotacummins.com)

My mission was to install HID's, with a Murotoro (However you spell it) kit. I'm looking for some suggestions on how adn where you other guys mounted your ballasts. I'm reluctant to put any holes in it. If you can, a picture would help.

The lights work fine, but I have a light out warning on the dash. For $155.00 you would think it would be working OK.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, This is Momma's car. I drive a 2003 Ram Diesel with 500K on it. I've been refurbishing this thing for 2 years myself. I'm a pretty good gear head.
That's what I did. I was looking for something neater. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts