Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/Turn-Si...eviewsTabAnchor I was interested in having those on the front, yes I know they are especially for open lense unlike ours and yes I know our lenses are amber so white light will be amber, I know.

Basically, when my parking lights are on these would be FULL intensity white light, but with the lense it would look amber. It would save me from having to run my head lights during the day. I'm waiting from another forum to find out if I need resistors or if they are built in.

I was interested in the 881 LED fog light but they don't have any. From my experience, fog lights are expensive and don't last long, just like the low beams on our cars.

Thus far, I've replaced both tag lights, one brake light, one center mount, both fog lights at least twice, both head lights at least twice.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
4,858 Posts
QUOTE (Big B @ Oct 31 2010, 08:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367856
http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/Turn-Si...eviewsTabAnchor I was interested in having those on the front, yes I know they are especially for open lense unlike ours and yes I know our lenses are amber so white light will be amber, I know.

Basically, when my parking lights are on these would be FULL intensity white light, but with the lense it would look amber. It would save me from having to run my head lights during the day. I'm waiting from another forum to find out if I need resistors or if they are built in.

I was interested in the 881 LED fog light but they don't have any. From my experience, fog lights are expensive and don't last long, just like the low beams on our cars.

Thus far, I've replaced both tag lights, one brake light, one center mount, both fog lights at least twice, both head lights at least twice.
I had similar ones but they made my signals flash fast. Kinda like the bulb was out. So I took them out.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have them in my front turn singles i use to get tickets for having white blinkers with the white front lights these are perfect because the parking lights are white and when you flip the blinker the white shuts off and it starts to blink orange its great I’ve actually gotten followed by a cop who saw my front light and thought they were going to blink white so when he was staring at my headlights i turned my blinker on it blinked orange he had this **** off look on his face and sped away ha-ha suck it local cops :bwekk: i got rid of the hyper flashing by changing the thermal flasher our car comes with for an electronic flasher that can be gotten at pep boys for like 10 bucks it located under our steering column the way i found it was i put the blinker on and i stuck my head under the steering column and followed the clicking noise to this little black box popped it out bought the new electronic flasher popped it in and no more hyper flashing and i have leds in my font blinkers and my rear these color changing lights are honestly the most amazing thing ever!!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (Supernova88642 @ Nov 1 2010, 12:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367940
I have them in my front turn singles i use to get tickets for having white blinkers with the white front lights these are perfect because the parking lights are white and when you flip the blinker the white shuts off and it starts to blink orange its great I’ve actually gotten followed by a cop who saw my front light and thought they were going to blink white so when he was staring at my headlights i turned my blinker on it blinked orange he had this **** off look on his face and sped away ha-ha suck it local cops :bwekk: i got rid of the hyper flashing by changing the thermal flasher our car comes with for an electronic flasher that can be gotten at pep boys for like 10 bucks it located under our steering column the way i found it was i put the blinker on and i stuck my head under the steering column and followed the clicking noise to this little black box popped it out bought the new electronic flasher popped it in and no more hyper flashing and i have leds in my font blinkers and my rear these color changing lights are honestly the most amazing thing ever!!!
Wait, in your 2007 Sonata? If the front lenses are orange how can it display white? I will need to check but the FMVSR at least for commercial vehicles does allow white parking lights/turn signals. What law is the cop citing? State? Local law?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Yup in my 2007 the lense is clear the reflector on the side is orange i opended my headlights up with a blowdryer and took out the refectlor but you dont even ned to go that far the lense is clear its illegal to have white blinkers but you can have white parking lights as long as you have orange blinkers and my rear blinkers are red leds

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (Supernova88642 @ Nov 1 2010, 06:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368060
Yup in my 2007 the lense is clear the reflector on the side is orange i opended my headlights up with a blowdryer and took out the refectlor but you dont even ned to go that far the lense is clear its illegal to have white blinkers but you can have white parking lights as long as you have orange blinkers and my rear blinkers are red leds
Hmm, do you take the reflector out by removing the bulb OR do you have to take out the exterior acrylic cover that protects everything to remove the parking light lense? That would look awesome. I like to be seen, having a dark colored car not safe during certain parts of the day. I just hate the rate my head lights burn out.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Yea to remove the refectlor you have to split the headlight the front plastic clear cover from the back i used a blow dryer took a while but it worked i wish i would of painted the inside like downhiller did that looks sick maybe one day with alot of free time but maybe the problem your havng with your bulbs is your touching them with your fingers your souppose to wear gloves or maybe get better quality of lights i do love my leds but one thing that i have learned about aftermarket lights is they do go out so i try not to use my lights unless nessecory i only use my headlights and others when its dark out less of a chance of them burning out if there off most of the time its wack i know but it beats buying bulbs here and there all the time.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i have a white led parking/turning bulb. looks cool at night but doesnt light much in the day and same goes for my red led bulbs. =/

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've decided to order. I noticed V LEDS has a crap load of LED flashers units. What flasher did you replace yours with?

Found out parking/stop/tail are all 2357. Easy enough. I just realized the lense up front is clear, thats awesome.

I know 168's are for the rear license plate lamps.

H7 for low beams, and 881's for the fog lights. For the fog lights, would an 880 work? They don't have 881 listed. Thanks. Why is Hyundai so retarded, they put their own part numbers for light bulbs, I mean really come on?

·
Registered
988 Posts
I dont know what flasher i put in the car whati did is i took mine out went to pepboys with it and looked at the ones they had there i do remmber they had ones for import cars domestic cars and i think trucks just look at the prongs in the bottem of the flasher and match them up it was the best 10 bucks i ever spent i think i got the import one but im not 100% sure it was really long ago

1 - 14 of 14 Posts