Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought about putting the HID lights in my new Accent as I have had them in past cars and loved them. Only thing is, since it does not have the "projector" headlights, won't they just blind people? My Fusion had the projectors and they were awesome. My Taurus before that didn't have projectors and while the lights were really bright, I got flashed a lot.

·
Registered
265 Posts
You will get flashed alot as I did, you really have two options. Do a projector retrofit (I have created a tutorial on this a while ago) or purchase aftermarket/genuine projector head lights.

·
Registered
184 Posts
All you have to do is aim the beam lower, problem solved. Such a simple solution and people still doing do it!! While our accets reflector headlight aren't design for HID installing them will still give you much better visibility and aiming them down a bit will ensure you don't blind on coming traffic.

·
Registered
626 Posts
When I installed my HIDs into my OEM reflector, I never got flashed but then again it depends on where you live. For example, the place where Bullonparade85 and I live, we would not get flash because almost everyone else has HIDs in their stock reflector housing. ^_^

I would just listen to Bullonparade85 and aim the headlights lower.

·
Registered
265 Posts
there are two adjustments. you should aim the headlights at a wall and then turn them so you can see them. They move very little in the housing but they will have a big difference on the wall. Be about 3 meters back from a wall on flat ground.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I do have some 8000k H.I.D light on my 2012 Accent, I did move them a bit down, and never got flashed whatsoever and sometime people where I live are dumb like a dumptruck LOL. so yeah, with a bit of adjustment you're in business, other though, get some slim ballast, I did the mistake of taking normal ballast.. it ended up as putting one of my ballast of my fuse boxe cover with duck tape and got it grounded on my fender bolt.. but passenger side is pefectly set to get it done.

it was kinda late at night and my phone was acting stupid lol. but still.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is there a problem with moisture entering headlight housing?

·
Registered
265 Posts
if you use a kit specifically made for the car no, they usually include rubber grommets to cover the hole you have to drill in the covers at the back of the headlight. Best place to look is XenonSupply. They sell kits which they have designed for the car and for the warranty they offer with support, I recommend it. I have that kit which I no longer use if you are interested. They will not work with my current headlight housings now. PM me if you would like to know more.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The Bi-Xenon model does not have grommets.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For being honest I haven't put anything to cover the rest of the hole in my dust cover, and no moisture inside whatsoever and I installed them in the winter so all good.. my kit is a VVME kit from ebay that i got for 65$ taxes in shipping included, so far so good, plug and play.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've had complaints from my friends everytime I drive behind them while in their sunfires I blind the **** out of them lol. Other vehicles had no problem in front of me. And I havnt been flashed yet from oncoming traffic

1 - 15 of 15 Posts