Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I install ddm hid lights, 55w, 6k HIDS, headlights and fogs, all matching. plug and play setup with the extra connecting wire with the relay and inline fuse. Problem is the fogs seem to turn off and on rapidly sometimes while driving mostly though sitting at a light poor getting off of the gas.

I tried sending back all the ballast and bulbs to rule out faulting equipment, then I wired all the lights to just the battery(same outcome), wired them all to the alternator (same out come), then I wired headlights to the battery, and then fogs to the alternator (same out come) and vise versa (same out come). So i noticed nothing seems to fix this issue.

So why cant the car run the HID's without turning off and on.

2nd I am noticing the driver headlight will flicker and then stop, not turn off and on but just flicker, also the bulb color seems to be different from the passenger side, bought them the same time same color watt etc.

WISHING ON A STAR on this one. I need a friver side door in perfect condition I have the charcoal color 2012 elantra limited, car has A/C, and auto up/down feature. I tried all of my local yards and dealer only sells the outer skin, which looks like a extreme task to cut the old welds and remove the damaged (current outer panel). I was hit and ran so I need to replace the door. So if anyone out there can help or has one for sale reasonably priced PLEASE HELP ME OUT!

·
Registered
12 Posts
It sounds like your light setup just needs some load capacitors (warning cancellers). You'll need one for every bulb. The bulbs are not getting enough juice to power them constantly so they will appear to pulse. The load capacitors should fix that. I have a xenon supply setup with resistors and have no issues on my elantra.

As for the door... I can't help you on that one! :D

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I assume that our mods need to make some sort of DIY for HIDs with common questions answered...especially about capacitor...:00000732:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts