Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Shouldn't be any problems with it, though I haven't changed them on mine yet. I did however change the H7 bulbs in my Tiburon in favor of a HID kit with zero issues.

As for size, you should be looking for a Hi/Lo H4 kit (same as 9003). I'm probably going to be purchasing a set for myself in the next couple of weeks. I'll be sure to post a tutorial on it when I finally get around to it.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I converted to HID lighting for my low beams and fog lights. You must add a relay to the ballast for the low beam and one for the fog lights. The ballasts draw too much current.

·
Registered
37 Posts
QUOTE (Joeeey @ May 4 2010, 02:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319339
I converted to HID lighting for my low beams and fog lights. You must add a relay to the ballast for the low beam and one for the fog lights. The ballasts draw too much current.
Depends on what HID kit you go with... The digital ballasts barely draw more current on startup than the standard 55w halogen bulbs do while running. That being said, I would still use a relay in any aftermarket setup simply to isolate it from the rest of the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts