Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've got a 2006 Sonata, and I put in an HID kit a year or so ago, the kit didn't work well in my left light, so after trying it with some error cancelers that didn't help, I returned it. I bought a new kit this year, to try it again. I purchased a kit from ebay, that seemed reputable and that gave a lifetime warranty no questions asked (because I knew I had trouble in the past). So anyway, I connected the new lights and the error message cancelers that I had from last year. They flickered during warm up and looked nice after taking a quick 10 minute drive, so I was happy.

Long story short the left light isn't working again. I bought a relay kit and Installed it, to no avail. It will warm up and then flick off. It's just the left light though, the right one I've never had a problem with. I've had new ballasts sent and nothing works.

I'm getting really tired of messing with these lights. What should I try before sending them back and just going OEM?

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
87 Posts
What brand do you have? I have DDMs and have never had a problem...although now it appears that Morimoto's are the HIDs to get.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hmm u could try running wires from the right side over to the left. Bypassing the left harness all together ..

·
Registered
314 Posts
Have you tried putting the left ballast on right and vice versa to see if issue flips sides or maybe switch out the bulbs with a different set ?

35 or 55 watt ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
My '07 has DDM. '09 has Morimotos.

I made a how to thread a while back. To see the difference in quality, take a temperature gun to the lights. Morimotos were both an even 99.5 degrees while the DDMs were 87 and 103 degrees.

Morimotos have 1 relay per ballast. So 2 relays in total.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts