Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed Xentec 5000k HID for my low beams. I also installed the relay kit and everything has been working fine. A few times recently when I go to click them on, the warning lights on the cluster flash on and off quick. Is anyone else noticing this after time with their HID's and is it a concernable issue.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have installed Xentec 5000k HID for my low beams. I also installed the relay kit and everything has been working fine. A few times recently when I go to click them on, the warning lights on the cluster flash on and off quick. Is anyone else noticing this after time with their HID's and is it a concernable issue.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I've got the Xenonsupply kit on my car and have never seen this. I'm sure someone with the Xentec kit will chime in shortly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
my xentec kit does this as well. i have a feeling it has to do with the smart alternator. it doesnt always do this for me.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Maybe improper install.
Check battery positive connector maybe loose.
Check your Hid harness positive connector only connect direct to battery positive.:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had the same issue when I first installed my kit. Lights would turn on for a half second when you turned on the lights. I forgot my lights actually did that for a short time actually, and your post reminded me.
The light went away after time and I stopped seeing it altogether when I turned them on. Just make sure that you're running an antiflicker capacitor. The cluster light flicker shouldn't be anything to worry about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts