Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sonata SE
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've installed plenty of HID kits in various cars (old & new).

i tried searching the forum and came up with nothing for my question

do I need a specific hid CANBUS kit for my 2013 sonata SE? or will any standard HID kit work?

i don't want to throw any codes/cel or have any noise or flicker with them so any advice would help! thanks!

·
Registered
223 Posts
get a standard kit, but you HAVE to use a relay harness - 100% HAVE TO. Or you will damage the car.

Get the morimoto H7 kit. It comes with two quality ballasts and a REAL relay harness. Your chances of running into problems will be next to nil.

I ran ballasts from many companies in the past and I must say they are pretty bad. Once I got morimoto's, the problems went away. People kept telling me, oh its the car, oh its a weak battery, oh the relay harness is bad, oh the car doesnt like HIDs, oh you need capacitors, oh your ballast is broken, oh the bulbs must be defective.. I was so fed up, I just went with morimotos. you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
as much as i love my XS hids ...(box advertises 3600 lumen and I think they are brighter then my old vvme's)

but any "quality" canbus kit should work
its really just a resistor with the same resistance of a filament bulb making the computer think there is a bulb in place

I went with the XS because of all the hype on here ...i know they cost more but they were a proven product on this particular car and i really didn't want to risk a computer repair with no warranty coverage due to aftermarket product failure.

and if you did the research you know the RELAY IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I've used DDM tuning kits in plenty of cars for myself and others but I figured with this one, why not just spend a little more and not have to worry about it after install so that's why I opted for the XenonSupply kit.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My XS works great I got the relay 6000k

1 - 7 of 7 Posts