Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into what HID headlights were (because I had no idea) and I was puzzled. I am convinced that converting headlights to HIDs is not a good idea.

What I was wondering i can you, and if you can how much does i cost, to buy a full replacement headlight assembly that had HID lights.

My guess is a lot, but I was just curious as to how much and if they even made them...

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (kralco626 @ Sep 23 2010, 04:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358315
I was looking into what HID headlights were (because I had no idea) and I was puzzled. I am convinced that converting headlights to HIDs is not a good idea.

What I was wondering i can you, and if you can how much does i cost, to buy a full replacement headlight assembly that had HID lights.

My guess is a lot, but I was just curious as to how much and if they even made them...
When you say you have been looking into, did you see what others are saying here. 4 full pages of HID Threads. Its hideous! :thumbsup:
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?ac...highlite=%2BHID

·
Banned
873 Posts
hey OP, check the link NFV6 has posted, and btw more information i shall add..

hid's are quite fine in our headlights since we have projectors, just dont go
overboard with super blue lights.. (4300k pure white and 6000k light hint of blue is perfect) and plus good thing is, our projectors can actually handle hid's since the top of the line sonatas in korea came equiped with hid's.. (same headlights). now i dont get what you mean by buying a new headlight assembly with hids... if you are talking about aftermarket headlight assembly from ebay... DONT do it, most of those vendors try to go for the 'cool' image add some little led's halo's and also use the projectors that perform even worst than the oem stock ones..

although our headlights are fine with hid's, if you want to take more advantage of your lighting, you can look into projector retrofits.. this means you are simply retrofitting a projector out of a different car (most of the time from acura tsx, infiniti, mercedes projectors because they are superior and have perfect cut off beam pattern) in to your sonata headlights.. couple members have done this already and have threads, i believe they retrofitted sc430 projectors and infiniti fx50 projectors.. but also very pricey.., my recommendation to you is to just purchase descent quality hid's (try to avoid no name brand hid system since they have malfunctioning problem and burn out fast etc.) try companies like smarteye, phillips etc.. you can buy the whole kit for around $100-200 these days

hope that helped

1 - 3 of 3 Posts