Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

I want to replace my HID bulb to 6000K bulbs

is there a DIY thread or video on how to do it?

i have the 2016 limited model

thank you

·
Registered
557 Posts
I got someone else to do it for me. It looks easy, but with my big hands I was unable to do it myself. You might have better luck.

FWIW, the guy that I got to do it for me removed the entire headlight assembly to do the swap. That's not something that I would have tried.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Just search for the bulb type + 6000k, you'll probably find something. Looks like it's a D3S bulb, so "D3S 6000k".

·
Registered
827 Posts
I got someone else to do it for me. It looks easy, but with my big hands I was unable to do it myself. You might have better luck.

FWIW, the guy that I got to do it for me removed the entire headlight assembly to do the swap. That's not something that I would have tried.
Same here. Got 6000Ks HIDs from a local auto lighting shop and they replaced them...didn't take out the whole headlight

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
557 Posts
Same here. Got 6000Ks HIDs from a local auto lighting shop and they replaced them...didn't take out the whole headlight

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
The guy who did it for me took out the whole headlight because it was way easier and faster for him to do that. He had big hands too.
:smile:

·
Registered
670 Posts
I had to take the bumper off and remove the headlight to do it. I could not for the life of me get those **** little screws out.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I had to take the bumper off and remove the headlight to do it. I could not for the life of me get those **** little screws out.
That was my exact issue. Which is why I outsourced it. But I am told it is possible to do without removing the headlight assembly. Though I can't see how it is possible.

·
Registered
843 Posts
This is a common issue with lots of cars. I've heard people describe the issue with Buicks--where you have to take the bumper off to change a headlight. I personally changed the HIDs on my wife's 2008 Lexus, but it was difficult, with not a lot of room to work behind the assembly. In retrospect, it probably would have been easier if I had removed or lowered the bumper cover.
I had a 2005 Dodge Caravan that required you to remove the headlight assembly to change a bulb, but it was easy to do it, not requiring removal of the bumper cover. it would be nice if they would design the headlight assemblies on these vehicles like that, so that all of the screws were accessible without having to lower the bumper cover.
When I have to replace the headlights in my Elantra or my daughter's Tucson, I will likely look for youtube videos on removing or lowering the bumper cover, rather than paying somebody to change a light bulb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts