Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a week now and I love how my headlights appear with HIDs. I purchased 5000K, 35W HID with Relay Harness from DDM Tuning. It took about 3 weeks to arrive. Overall this project took about 2 hours for me because I was doing this while I was working at my warehouse. Also I tried to make this project as clean as possible.

Here are pictures I took during my installment of HIDs for the 09-10 Sonatas.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After you take out the Headlights. Take it to a flat, clean surface. Make sure you take out the dust cap of the LOW BEAM. The inside should look like this. (please excuse the angle of this pic)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Take the dust cap and use a Drill bit to make a hole in the center of the cap. A good size would be a little less than an Inch. I didn't have that particular size so I used a 3/4 drill bit and then made it bigger.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
It's been a week now and I love how my headlights appear with HIDs. I purchased 5000K, 35W HID with Relay Harness from DDM Tuning. It took about 3 weeks to arrive. Overall this project took about 2 hours for me because I was doing this while I was working at my warehouse. Also I tried to make this project as clean as possible.

Here are pictures I took during my installment of HIDs for the 09-10 Sonatas.

Odd it took my package 1 week to get here.

Looks good

·
Registered
314 Posts
I used velcro stickies to bond the ballast onto the interior of the car.

I just bought some velcro also for mine too!!

good minds think alike.

Looks like we have very similar setups.

The only thing different i did was i notched the harness that goes on the headlight assembly coming from the hid bulb so that the connector from the car would simply slide in sort of making a male / female connector. then just electrical taped it so that it was solid.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is the end result of the wire set up. When I get to it, I will hide the wires by the Battery under and around so you can't see them. I just got lazy at this point because I was already 2 hours into this at my warehouse.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts