Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D

Hi there!

I just heard about this site a few minutes ago, and boy am I glad someone else loves Hyundais other than me.

Let me tell you a little about myself. I was born February 3rd 1989 and I have my learner's permit (you can get one at 15 yrs. old in Vermont.)

My car: I currently drive a 1993 Hyundai Excel 3-door that used to be a rental car. In January 2000, only a month after we got it, my father and I went to a friend's house to jump start her battery. After he jump-started it, he was becoming disoriented. Turns out he was having a stroke. He tried driving home but almost drove into a couple of ditches. So what I had to do, while sitting in the passenger's seat, is shift, use the turn signals, turn the steering wheel etc. while he worked the pedals. We made it home, and immediately called the friend to drive him to the hospital. I was in a news article five months later on the front page of a local newspaper and I still get recognized every once in a while around town.

There haven't been any real problems with the car yet and it has just reached 137,000 miles. The timing belt (the original one that came with the car) happened to konk out three months ago 12 miles away from home. It was fixed by our family mechanic. But here's the thing: My family's mechanic once had an argument with my father when I was five, but made up last year. So when we decided to get some parts replaced, he severely misaligned the front wheels to get us back for that past argument. He recently retired.

Other than that, I have added many aftermarket parts, mainly a tachometer, some blue neon lights (which I don't use at night), a blue steering wheel cover and I might possibly get some blue floor mats (I'm not into "slamming" cars or huge exhaust pipes, thank you!)

Who, other than me, do I know drive a Hyundai? I have two neighbors that drive Hyundai Accents, an ex-neighbor who once owned a 1995 Elantra, and I've been seeing two Santa Fe's riding here around town. At least four students in my high school have parents who drive Santa Fe's, one parent drives a Sonata, and we may be getting a new Hyundai sometime in the near future.

I also play video games, and the following games I have have Hyundais which I usually drive when playing: Need For Speed Underground (Tiburon), Auto Modellista (Tiburon, Accent WRC car), WRC: World Rally Championship (Accent WRC car), and I also plan on getting Gran Turismo 4 (I got GT3 but GT4 has the Tiburon and Clix Concept car.)

What else should I say? Ah, yes, I write reviews on a site called Epinions.com (htp://www.epinions.com/user-hyundai_fan). I would really appreciate it if you'd like to read my reviews! I also write on www.santafeforums.net (a forum site for the Hyundai Santa Fe) under the name of Excellerator, like the name I use here.

I guess that's all I can say... for now...

~Scott

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Welcome Scott :D . Please tell everyone about Hyundai-Forums.com.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts