Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new Accent owner here.

We just picked up a used 2004 Sedan for my wife to get back and forth to university with (she's a grad student) the old car was breaking in more ways than one, so it was cheaper to sell the other one and buy this than to fix the other one. Most important to use right now is a safer, reliable, comfortable roadworthy car to commute around town and to school with.

I'm looking forward to being a member of this community. Since my first car I seek and join a forum for each car, hoping to gain and share specialized knowledge along the way. I'm what you would call a "Saturday Mechanic". I prefer to do my own general maintenance and repair work when I can - that's the only way to make sure its done right after all! But for the bigger more time consuming items I do take it in to the shop.

Our previous cars:
2000 Subaru Legacy GT Ltd - swapped to 5spd. (mine) - Sold last summer
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe - (wife's) - Sold last week

Our current cars:
2004 Volvo V40 - mine - bought last summer
2004 Hyundai Accent - wife's - took delivery yesterday
1991 Suzuki Sidekick - my toy - 5sp, lifted 3", 29" all terrain tires, 10,00lbs winch. I bought two trucks for $800 last year and made 1 good one in my garage - DIY paint and all hahaha. This thing never gets driven easily lol.

Anyways, you'll see me poking around for tips here and there and offering them up when I can.

Cheers,
Ryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts