Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone out there has a comment to make regarding rear end loss on wet roads on an Elantra 5 door. Is it true that in wet conditions you can "loose" it? Do I have to change the tyres or something?
Someone must have had the same problem as me!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by capricorn@Aug 29 2004, 11:26 PM
Just wondering if anyone out there has a comment to make regarding rear end loss on wet roads on an Elantra 5 door. Is it true that in wet conditions you can "loose" it? Do I have to change the tyres or something?
Someone must have had the same problem as me!!!
[snapback]951[/snapback]​

Try send ur car to a tyre shop to check the alignment, toe angle. Some tyres will also cause the problem, could try a better grade tyre.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi
im using pirelli p6 195-60 15r for about 2 years
not to say its good but frankly i dont have problem when on wet road :p

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've driven my Elantra VE in heavy rain and snow on winding roads and find that it holds the road just fine. Had a couple of skids but the recovery was good.

The GT (5-door) has stiffer suspension so it is going to handle a bit differently. With less body roll, the weight of the vehicle is more evenly distributed on a tight corner insead of piling onto the outside wheels. That could make it a bit more inclined to "float" on a slick surface and the car is going to be a bit less forgiving if you overcorrect. A good set of all-season radials all around will give a better hold on the road if you don't mind a bit more road noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 94 lantra, and when ever i take her out in th rain, i lose traction when trying to take off in 1st, the other night i was going 2 th pub, in 3rd doin bout 95, bout to change to 4th and my wheels lost traction and started aqua plaining, now thatw as fun..lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is probly because my tires suck but I just have to do 35-40 on a dirt road and the rear end is all over the place, more so with faster turning. If it rains hard the car slows to under 60mph and won't (can't) get over 60mph, but this will be the only and last year with this set of tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts