Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Santa Fe Lovers,

I have a 2004 Santa Fe and I've been trying to look for some advice/help with an electric issue.

There is no glow on the automatic stick where you shift and it glows to tell you what gear you are in. I'm hoping it's a bulb to replace and to save money.

Also, on the cluster, (still related to automatic stick information) when you see it change as you shift, the D isn't glowing, but neutral shows, reverse shows, and park. Bulb? Or wiring?

If there's a link that teaches how to replace them, please do provide them.

Last but the not least: have you guys had any recall on the airbag signal sensor? Mine has came up and stayed on, then was in an accident and didn't deploy. Went to the shop and had it fixed. Shop says I have to replace my whole entire seat, the back panel, not the sitting part. (That's to my understanding) and to that plus labor is 1,600! What's your opinion? Should I try to do this myself? To save money? Or let the pros do it?

Sorry for all these questions!

Looking forward to meeting some great members and hear the ideas and advices :)

Duke

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Hello Santa Fe Lovers,

I have a 2004 Santa Fe and I've been trying to look for some advice/help with an electric issue.

There is no glow on the automatic stick where you shift and it glows to tell you what gear you are in. I'm hoping it's a bulb to replace and to save money.

Also, on the cluster, (still related to automatic stick information) when you see it change as you shift, the D isn't glowing, but neutral shows, reverse shows, and park. Bulb? Or wiring?

If there's a link that teaches how to replace them, please do provide them.

Last but the not least: have you guys had any recall on the airbag signal sensor? Mine has came up and stayed on, then was in an accident and didn't deploy. Went to the shop and had it fixed. Shop says I have to replace my whole entire seat, the back panel, not the sitting part. (That's to my understanding) and to that plus labor is 1,600! What's your opinion? Should I try to do this myself? To save money? Or let the pros do it?

Sorry for all these questions!

Looking forward to meeting some great members and hear the ideas and advices :)

Duke
The D bulb in the instrument cluster will more than likely be a burned out bulb. I had to replace mine around 100k miles or so. It isn't all that hard to get to. There are two Philips screws that are hidden but pointed straight up into the bezel. One you get those two screws out you can pull the bezel out(might have to tilt the steering wheel down). Now there are 4 screws that hold the instrument panel in. Then there are 3 connectors you have to disconnect(this is the hardest part as those connectors are tight the first time you try and get them apart). Pull out the instrument panel and take it to a desk to work on. If memory serves, there is one more sub-panel to get off to get to the bulbs. If it were me I would "rob" the first gear bulb out to fix the "D" bulb. Not all that much need to know you are in first gear when you are coming off a mountain.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
J, that sounds obviously easy.

Also the automatic shifter, has no glow either. I was wondering what's the easiest way to get the console off without having to damage the connectors or cracking/breaking plastic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts