Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I am VERY happy with my car, I came from a 2002 Sentra Se-R
I love the build quality, and the engineering thought that went into making this car very easy to appreciate.

I just purchased a 2007 Sonata, and I have a few questions:
I have:
Sunroof
V6
17 inch rims

I don't have:
leather
digital climate control
homelink mirror
infinity sound system

1. What model do I have, SE or GLS?

2. Also (and I've searched thoroughly lol), is there a definitive decision on whether the homelink mirror is a direct plugin for SE or GLS?

3. Was there a wood wheel for this year\model?

4. Does the upgraded wheel cluster for audio include anything more than volume or Mode?

5. Can anyone suggest any low beam bulbs that directly plug in to the standard headlamps, that give more of a blue\Xenon look?
That is, without any further modification?

6. The only thing I want to do right now, is upgrade the grill to the Studie Aero model....I saw on here that at one time, they were on sale as low as 99.99.
Now, on koreanautosports, I see them for 200+, is there anywhere else I can look?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (MiamiLX @ May 27 2010, 02:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326984
Yes but now you gunked up our Board with 6 Individual questions, instead of your giant Gang post. I suggest using the

Forum Search Engine before asking these questions. Just a thought :thumbsup:
That really wasn't my intention....
Are you able to see how long someone has lurked prior to joining?
yeah, me neither....
I have searched far and wide, and have not found currently relevant answers to the questions I wanted to ask.

I propose a solution, based on your previously stated preferences:
I will just ask one question per account, EVER....

Does that work?

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
OMG we are off to a good start here by a new member.............first of all welcome to the forums :00000732:

l think you may have misunderstood the comments here, its easily done! there is no need to post every question you may have in a different post as you have done, it does glog up the forums. l am going to leave this thread as it is with all your questions in this thread but l will move the thread over to the sonata forum for a better response, l am also going to delete your other posts. if you have any questions about this site or the best way to use it please contact one of the moderators :liebe011:

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (Montego @ May 27 2010, 12:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326990
OMG we are off to a good start here by a new member.............first of all welcome to the forums :00000732:

l think you may have misunderstood the comments here, its easily done! there is no need to post every question you may have in a different post as you have done, it does glog up the forums. l am going to leave this thread as it is with all your questions in this thread but l will move the thread over to the sonata forum for a better response, l am also going to delete your other posts. if you have any questions about this site or the best way to use it please contact one of the moderators :liebe011:
Somehow Roger I see 4 of these for some reason now?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (MiamiLX @ May 27 2010, 02:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326995
Time will tell :thumbsup:
Questions:
If all these questions have been answered in other threads, why is there 99 threads about the same unanswered questions, and BS arguments over proper forum etiquette instead of answers?
(READ: post the links; I'm not above you helping me save time)

If all these questions have not been answered, where's the problem with me asking them, the way I'd like to?
Also, wouldn't this help others that wanted to know the same things?

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (cedbled @ May 27 2010, 01:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326938
I love the build quality, and the engineering thought that went into making this car very easy to appreciate.

I have:
Sunroof
V6
17 inch rims

I don't have:
leather
digital climate control
homelink mirror
infinity sound system

2. Also (and I've searched thoroughly lol), is there a definitive decision on whether the homelink mirror is a direct plugin for SE or GLS?

4. Does the upgraded wheel cluster for audio include anything more than volume or Mode?

5. Can anyone suggest any low beam bulbs that directly plug in to the standard headlamps, that give more of a blue\Xenon look?

6. The only thing I want to do right now, is upgrade the grill to the Studie Aero model....I saw on here that at one time, they were on sale as low as 99.99.
Now, on koreanautosports, I see them for 200+, is there anywhere else I can look?

Thanks in advance
First of all welcome to the forum and second of all there are some people in this world that you just have to take with a grain of salt.

Im not very knowledgeable about the 06-08 Sonatas but I would say you probably have an SE

I know some vehicles have the wiring there for other options and some dont for example my Dodge Ram had the wiring tucked up in the headliner for cablights and the upgraded mirror, my Kia Sorrento had the wiring there for foglights where my new Kia Borrego does not so I would say its a crap shoot.

Have no idea about a wood wheel

My 09 SE controls the volume and mode of operation as well as changing presets and scanning channels its pretty handy from the wheel I like that feature.

I believe you have the option of upgraded bulbs for your year of Sonata silverstars etc.

I have never seen a grille that cheap if you find one pm me.

Again welcome to the forums and I hope I could help...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (MiamiLX @ May 27 2010, 04:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327030
Here is our Vin Decoder. You can't count on the information here to always be correct. That is why I use this Search Engine!
http://www.amdmaddness.com/sonata/tsb/vin_decoder.pdf

[email protected] you're dedication to showing new folks "the way"...nice screenie
[email protected] having to search "tires" to locate relevant info on decoding the VIN (or had you just typed that in after you searched?)
LMAO @ the .pdf fail; good thing Google is still caching these, thanks anyway.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (cedbled @ May 27 2010, 02:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327037
[email protected] you're dedication to showing new folks "the way"...nice screenie
[email protected] having to search "tires" to locate relevant info on decoding the VIN (or had you just typed that in after you searched?)
LMAO @ the .pdf fail; good thing Google is still caching these, thanks anyway.
You know I'm not following you. I know where the Vin Decoder is by memory. It is with our TSB's and DIY's that Jerry Stout started.
I then gave you a Screen Shot of our best Search Engine. We have 6 of them here. Not too many members use the one I showed you. I wasn't
looking for Tires? I'm not looking for anything. I just added a Word. The PDF failed? Well we will have to talk with the Cellman. So between the LOL & LMAO that is a lot of laughing. I like you already! We want you to be happy here. :57:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks all (even Miami, I really mean that, cause I can now break down my VIN), and I really appreciate "ya'll" (im from OKC), letting me know what you can about my car....

I promise I'll do my best to stay within the confines of existing threads when I can tho....

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ May 27 2010, 02:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327054
okay ladies lets clean this up here, miami lets leave the new buddy alone, this thread was not so 'use the freaken search!' type of a thread so no need to get hyped up.... :
I was showing a new member some stuff in the Archives. Come on, nothing wrong on conducting a Search before posting? I bet you have never tried that Search Engine? Most people use the one at the bottom of the Screen, or under that Red Accent up top. To demonstrate the true power of the Search Engine you should try it, put in HID, select Sonata 4G Board , & look at these results! My Link will stop working soon.
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?ac...highlite=%2BHID

Also make sure to check this full warranty link as well. It spells out the 5/60 New Car & 10/100 Power train Coverage for those eligible
http://www.amdmaddness.com/sonata/tsb/warranty.pdf

http://www.amdmaddness.com/sonata/index.htm

·
Registered
689 Posts
QUOTE (cedbled @ May 27 2010, 01:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326938

I have:
Sunroof
V6
17 inch rims

I don't have:
leather
digital climate control
homelink mirror
infinity sound system

Thanks in advance
Congrats and welcome aboard,
1, You have an SE.
2, Don't know about a plug in for the home link, probably to save money on production.
3, No wood wheel, only leather. Azera came with wood wheel with Ultimate Package.
4, No, just mode, volume and cruise control.
5, Yes, they have Sylvania Silverstars and a few other brands.
6, Don't know about the cost of the Studie grill.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts