Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into upgrading the H7 bulbs to led 9000LM each @ 55w.

Seller is asking if I have Can-bus system so he can send me the harness.

2017 AD Limited

Thank you

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
On a 17, I'd say you need can-bus. Bigger question is will you need resistors. I didn't on the 14, but did on the 16.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This was the question I was wondering in my other thread that received no replies.
From what I read, LEDs might have trouble fitting in the high beam due to fan clearance issue? Some people mentionned using some kind of retainer clip to hold them, but I think they were using different bulb type.

I don't think all LEDs are DRL right? Afaik the high beams also act as DRLs, so I am not sure if LEDs are the way to go.

Ineed to find covers with more clearance...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I say leave it alone, When you start having to wire in resistors and such you can cause some electrical issues that may cost more than what you pay for the upgrade if you want to call it an upgrade.
My 2017 has some bright lights so I don' think I'll bother.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
This was the question I was wondering in my other thread that received no replies.
From what I read, LEDs might have trouble fitting in the high beam due to fan clearance issue? Some people mentionned using some kind of retainer clip to hold them, but I think they were using different bulb type.

I don't think all LEDs are DRL right? Afaik the high beams also act as DRLs, so I am not sure if LEDs are the way to go.

Ineed to find covers with more clearance...
I lost a driver on the LED's I installed back in 2015, and switched to this earlier this year for the High beams.

You will not lose your DRL function. These run at a lower voltage with the DRL. And also function at full power with the high beam, and they are bright. Excellent pattern.

They used the factory H7 retainer clip. The LED seperates from the base. Once clipped in, you insert the LED and twist/lock in place.

If you want to use the factory dust caps, you will have to modify them. My dist caps were removed in 2015 and never reinstalled. Light were crystal clear in October when I sold the car.

If you need resistors, they are not "wired in". They plug into the harness between the LED harness and the factory harness. For high beams, I don't think you will need them. Odds are you would for the low beam side. But they are cheap and very easy to install if you do need them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts