Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when you exit the car and walk away is it supposed to die? just asking never had this type of ignition. we are proud new owners of a 2011 sonata limited phantom black. thanks guys.

·
Registered
74 Posts
No... you're supposed to set ur car to park and then press the ignition button again to turn the car off... i HIGHLY suggest you DONT leave your car running until it dies..

·
Banned
630 Posts
wow...just wow!

·
Registered
486 Posts
NO, do not do that... Though I have, the car runs so smooth and I forgot to remove the key that it dose not have to turn it off, and Yes, it will remind you your stuppid.

·
Registered
932 Posts
It will eventually die after you walk away.

After it runs out of gas.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (theo560 @ Jun 24 2010, 12:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335722
when you exit the car and walk away is it supposed to die? just asking never had this type of ignition. we are proud new owners of a 2011 sonata limited phantom black. thanks guys.
After much deliberation, I figured out a solution to your problem

1) sell your sonata...clearly this vehicle is too complex for you
2) buy yourself a civic and call it a day!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Fist, welcome to the forum. :00000732:
Some people on this forum tend to snap at you rather than answering your question. I think your use of "die", instead of "turn off" really set them OFF. No, the car will not "turn off" the ignition by itself. Although, I did test drive a keyless entry 2009 Nissan Altima that you could start with the button, but if you tried to drive away from the owner that had the proximity key in their pocket, the car would turn itself off.

QUOTE (snapper41 @ Jun 24 2010, 10:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335810
NO, do not do that... Though I have, the car runs so smooth and I forgot to remove the key that it dose not have to turn it off, and Yes, it will remind you your stuppid.
remember, stuppid is as stuppid does! Check grammer and spelling before you call some one "your stuppid"

QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jun 24 2010, 11:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335821

yeah thats the ticket, stay away from the ultra luxury Korean Cars :grin:

·
Registered
486 Posts
.>>>remember, stuppid is as stuppid does! Check grammer and spelling before you call some one "your stuppid">>>>

Calling no one a dum*** except myself. ( worded the way I typed it, proper or not)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is it possible to put the car into drive if the car is started but the key is outside the car? It's not going to happen to me, I'm just wondering.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jun 24 2010, 10:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335821

I thought the OP's questions were fair. Not everyone has driven a car with push button start.

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (RXDOC @ Jun 24 2010, 02:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335888
Some people on this forum tend to snap at you rather than answering your question.
Yep. This board is full of undesirable people (had a different word in mind :grin:), driving everybody else out; that's why I rarely visit anymore. And the worst thing is those creeps don't even know the answer, but are quick to attack unsuspecting posters.

OP, that was a good question. This car will let you know when you walk away with the key in your pocket (like to quickly drop a movie or something), with an annoying long 'beeeeeeeeeeep' from the outside alarm horn, but I don't know if the engine would eventualy shut off or not. At least for less than a minute, it doesn't.

If my M3 is any indication, engine might shut off after a few minutes IDLING without the key around. I was about to leave somewhere once when a friend pulled in next to me, I stepped out to say 'hi' with the car running (M3 doesn't 'beep' outside) with A/C on and everything, took longer than I thought, and heard the engine shut off after about 3 minutes. I thought my wife shut it off, but she didn't. Maybe the Sonata does the same thing.

By the way, I also know the car won't 'die' without the key once under way. I was having issues due to a low battery and other than car showing the 'no key' symbol on the dash, it never quit on me. Again, I'm sure the Sonata is the same way. And you always have the key holder inside the center console in case battery dies on you. Take care.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yep you can throw it into drive and drive off without the key if it was left running. I only went as far as a few blocks just to see if it had any fail safe built in. But it's well out o range of the key so if it was range based it would have shut off by then. Haven't tried the idle thing though. So bad news for those in cold climates where you might think of warming up the car.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (bobad @ Jun 24 2010, 06:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335929
I thought the OP's questions were fair. Not everyone has driven a car with push button start.
I'm sorry..perhaps I was a bit harsh...I thought common sense was a world-wide thing...guess I was wrong

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also never had a car with push button keyless ignition and the owners manual does leave some room for confusion so I was glad to find the forum to fill in the gaps. There are a lot of things that I don't know about my Sonata but I learn a little more about it each time I read the forum. The best way to destroy the credibility and usefulness of the forum is to ridicule people for asking questions or to provide replies that are off topic or just plain BS. So let's all show a little more respect for and patience with those who need answers no matter how basic the question seems and make this a forum we can all be proud of.

·
Registered
817 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jun 25 2010, 07:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=336018
I'm sorry..perhaps I was a bit harsh...I thought common sense was a world-wide thing...guess I was wrong
As you demonstrate, one thing that is not a world-wide thing is common courtesy.

I'm with Herk, let's move on and respect the high standards of this board.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (JohnWho @ Jun 25 2010, 09:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=336033
As you demonstrate, one thing that is not a world-wide thing is common courtesy.

I'm with Herk, let's move on and respect the high standards of this board.

Nope....NYers aren't born with courtesy...gets in the way when you're flipping the bird to the guy next to you :D

high standards???? oh riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....I bought a Korean Lexus.... :laughing:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts