Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:blink: hi there
this is so pathetic but i have just bought new car seat covers and i am having soooooooo much trouble putting the rear car seat covers on.
have gone all over the net to try and find out how you put them on with no luck.
they are the sort that come in two pieces...the back bit and the seat bit and they have ties to keep the cover in place.
if someone can pass on any advice i will surely be grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks heaps anna

·
Registered
329 Posts
It would probabaly be easiest of you remove the rear seats to get the covers on - it makes for a much tidier job because you will be able to tuck the edges of the seatcovers out of sight.

Its much easier to get seatcovers on if you can lie the seatcover on a clean surface, then put the seat face down on top of it and warp the various straps arund the back of the seat.

Go to http://www.hmaservice.com/

This is for US models but the Lantra, Elantra and Accent all use the same system.

Click on "Service information"

The click on webtech

Enter the model and year in the drop down menus

Click on "shop"

Under "Body (Iterior and Exterior)" you'll find a section on seats that will tell you how to remove and replace the rear seats - you'll need a socket wrench with an extension to get at the bolts.

This will probably seem like a lot of work but in the end you'll have much better results

·
Registered
329 Posts
As an alternative, if you don't want to remove the seats entirely or don't have the right tools:

You can lift up the rear seat cushion from the front and then prop it up to work the seat cover on.

There are two clips that hold down the front of the seat. If two passengers were sitting in the rear, the clips would be between their legs.

Pull up on the front of the seat and then push backwards and the clips will usually let go. It will take some experimentation to get things moving in the right direction. After you're done the seat should just snap back into place.

The reason I don't like doing it this way is that the back of the seatcovers will usually be covered in a foam that doesn't slide against the upholstery. It makes it very difficult to slide the seatcovers around to get them where you want.

You'll have to feed the straps down the back of the seat and then reach under to pull them through and either tie or buckle them to the straps at the front.

Its pretty much the same procedure for the seatbacks - unlatch the seat back and let it lean forward so you can pull the straps up behind the seat and then tie or buckle them from behind.

I've also found that the straps tend to tear or break easily so you don't want to pull on the straps in an attempt to line up the seatcovers.

All this is pretty awkward and not something I'd want to do on a hot day.

One nice thing about pulling the seats is that it gives you a chance to clean out any debris that has worked its way under the seats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts