Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well first hi i'm lexy this is my first fourm and first post, now to the discusion. I have a 2000 tiburon with a body kit it just rolled over 100.000 two days ago the interior is in ok shape the leather on the two front seats is worn and there is a quarter size hole in the back seat its an automatic has after market radio and speakers and tail lites the inside cover for the tail lights like in the trunk part are missing weather stripping around sun roof but does not leak back hatch leaks sometime just weather striping the passenger side o [email protected]#* handle is off i do have it and the passenger side side skirt and driver side front fender is dented thats all the bad the good it has a new wireing harrness for the tansmission a new starter new belts just did an oilchange a new fuel filter fuel pump new plugs and wires new roaters pads cv joints stars everyday i bought it in june i use it to go back and forth from cleveland to buffalo so most miles are highway it had 92,041 when i got it .i fell inl ove with his car and oh custom dual exhaust to i want to get a 2003 or newer one cuz i love them so muck and i was a chevy girl all my life big trucks go figure but im not sure what to ask for my car or where to post it for sale when i got it the guy wanted 4600 for it i paid 3600 for it then put all that money into it and i realzie it just rolled the miles and the body is super solid engine is fine just needs a new kit for it n driver side fender oh and its white if i didnt say that i want to sell it but not loose a ton of money on it or should i not sell it and keep it and fix it problem is i would have to save u to fix it and then just sell it for an 03 or newer and i rather sell it for what i can i seen prices all over the board for my car does anyone have any idea what to ask or if there intrested in it or know where i can post it or if ill loose to much and should keep it you can e mail me at [email protected] or post a response thank you Lexy

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
welcome to the forums :00000732:

l am moving your post over to the tiburon forum for a better response

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (TiburonLexy13 @ Nov 2 2010, 12:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368183
well first hi i'm lexy this is my first fourm and first post, now to the discusion. I have a 2000 tiburon with a body kit it just rolled over 100.000 two days ago the interior is in ok shape the leather on the two front seats is worn and there is a quarter size hole in the back seat its an automatic has after market radio and speakers and tail lites the inside cover for the tail lights like in the trunk part are missing weather stripping around sun roof but does not leak back hatch leaks sometime just weather striping the passenger side o [email protected]#* handle is off i do have it and the passenger side side skirt and driver side front fender is dented thats all the bad the good it has a new wireing harrness for the tansmission a new starter new belts just did an oilchange a new fuel filter fuel pump new plugs and wires new roaters pads cv joints stars everyday i bought it in june i use it to go back and forth from cleveland to buffalo so most miles are highway it had 92,041 when i got it .i fell inl ove with his car and oh custom dual exhaust to i want to get a 2003 or newer one cuz i love them so muck and i was a chevy girl all my life big trucks go figure but im not sure what to ask for my car or where to post it for sale when i got it the guy wanted 4600 for it i paid 3600 for it then put all that money into it and i realzie it just rolled the miles and the body is super solid engine is fine just needs a new kit for it n driver side fender oh and its white if i didnt say that i want to sell it but not loose a ton of money on it or should i not sell it and keep it and fix it problem is i would have to save u to fix it and then just sell it for an 03 or newer and i rather sell it for what i can i seen prices all over the board for my car does anyone have any idea what to ask or if there intrested in it or know where i can post it or if ill loose to much and should keep it you can e mail me at [email protected] or post a response thank you Lexy

I hate to Necro-Post but that is the longest run on sentence I have seen in my lifetime.

·
Registered
10 Posts
QUOTE (Camtacular @ Jul 25 2011, 03:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=480928
I hate to Necro-Post but that is the longest run on sentence I have seen in my lifetime.

My brain needed to take a breath after reading that.. tried to keep pace with all the jumbled thoughts.

Anyways, Lexy dear if you could be more clear about what it is you're asking? You've said plenty about whats been done to the car, didn't really grasp what is "wrong" with it other then a front fender issue.

As far as what you should be asking for it, how many miles? Have you replaced timing belt? clutch? Has it had any tranny work? Accidents? And hows about you post a photo.. of the car.

Lots of factors go into determining a price, from a buyers aspect they are having to look at what its going to cost them in the long run. Its hard to get your money back on things like a body kit and performance parts unless its a "complete" setup. If its a tuner in a box and thats what someone is looking for then you can get away with throwing on an extra $1-2k.

Don't feel like answering these questions? Go to www.edmunds.com or www.kbb.com and it will give you a general estimate as to what you can sell the car for privately, trade in and what the dealership would sell your car for. Keep in mind, the term general estimate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts