Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey alright, I'm the first to post in this new forum. I would also like to think that the creation of region specific forums was because I had brought it up in another post. :rolleyes: Although I should have just plain suggested it in the suggestions forum, but to tell you the truth, I hadn't even thought of it.

Anyway, I'm a soldier currently stationed in Washington, originally from Oregon, and currently on deployment in Iraq. Just wondering if there are any other Hyundai enthusiasts located on the west coast in these forums.

Can't wait to meet some cool people, and check out all your rides. Mine is currently a little ghetto though, still got the stock rims without the hubcaps on. :lol: Can't wait to get some real rims.

Anyway, this post is almost pointless. Just wanted to be the first to write something in here. Now I feel special. :p

Later.

·
Registered
44 Posts
WELL..... I'm not west coast but still west side. :p

I'm in utah, I have an 1994 excel 4 door Green Metallic. I don't have rims, just stock hubcaps, which I'll be keeping on there(sleeper look). I'll also have a 4G63(eclipse motor) swap into it, which will add to the sleeper. And I'll have a black front mount. I'm planning on running 9sec quarter miles... like 5 years down the road. What I'm looking forward to next race season is low 13's by the end of the season.... I'm into racing, not show. Although if I had the money i'd do an australian front end, they look soooo badass.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, what's up? Yeah, now I wish I would have left my hubcaps on, but I don't want to have to completely take off the wheels again to put them back on there. Just had a shop leave them off when they were working on the car. As for performance, I'm looking to go turbo. Hoping to get into the 14s at least. I think that would be a decent improvement over the 18s you see stock. I just want something that looks halfway decent, and can dart around quickly in everyday traffic. My original plan was to swap in a Beta engine and then turbo that, but now it's looking like I won't have the funds to complete that. :angry: That would be so badass though. Currently I only have a few mods done, which you can see in my sig. And it seems like I'm getting something new for it every day as of late. On the way are a phenolic spacer and an unorthadox crank pulley. I'm just crossing my fingers on the pulley though, because it was made for the 1.5, and I have the 1.6. Next purchase: BBTB, and then to start on the turbo bits. First the manifold, then the bov, then etc. etc. etc. until I get a complete kit put together.

Anyway, it's good to see someone actually replied. Even if you aren't along the coastal areas. Take it easy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, the beta motor would probably be an easy platform for you... I'd do it, but I gotta have the displacement 1.5 is way too small for me. I'm into racing and all types of cars, I know that there truly isn't a replacement for displacement. Some people claim that turbo's are the replacement for displacement, but what happens when you put a turbo on a V8, hehe lookout. ;) So I'm definately going with the 2.0 even though it's going to be a lot of work. And that will be my drag/street car, I'll also be getting another car soon, that I can autoX in a stock class. I'm looking into a subaru, or a talon Tsi Awd.
As soon as I get my Excel running though I'll definatley post pics and videos. And when I get some racing done, I'll post some kill vids as well. I plan to beat one of the local racers, he has a 11.71 in a GST eclipse, he's my goal to beat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd like to see 14s with my Accent. Turbo hopefully will get me there. A few of our fast racers are in the 10s. There's a 10 second civic and another 10 second Colt.

There's also a nice 11 second VW Scirocco. Fully street too.

I don't have any dreams of beating them, though! Not without an eclipse swap and a very large turbo.

I almost broke into the 13s with my old '84 VW Jetta. 14.2 at 97mph. It was a fun car and a great sleeper. Hope to duplicate something like that with the Accent. Although, it's almost hard to make the Accent anything but a sleeper! Who would suspect 13s out of an Accent, no matter what kind of wheels or body kit was on it?! Lol. :D

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Greetings...

WELL..... I'm not west coast but still west side. :p

I'm in utah, I have an 1994 excel 4 door Green Metallic. I don't have rims, just stock hubcaps, which I'll be keeping on there(sleeper look). I'll also have a 4G63(eclipse motor) swap into it, which will add to the sleeper. And I'll have a black front mount. I'm planning on running 9sec quarter miles... like 5 years down the road. What I'm looking forward to next race season is low 13's by the end of the season.... I'm into racing, not show. Although if I had the money i'd do an australian front end, they look soooo badass.
Well, It's 5 years past the 5 years. :nerd: Curious to catch up and see how the Turbo worked out if it did? Are you still in Utah? I am also a Utahan, born and bred, but on the dark side.

Would love to get together with fellow West-Hyundai owners. Check out the rides, the mods and maybe a little ruler use. >:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts