Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just got my firsst car ... '97 hyundai accent i 1.3 manual

wanting some cheap mods to do on it to 1 make interior look better and 2 to make the car have a little more oomph :)

ive just cut down gearstick so now gear stick is about 4 inches long which does improve shifting quite a bit

any other idea's?

getting a rev counter (2").. volt metre oil pressure and water temp (all 52cm) gauges making custom pods the oil + volt + water gauges are going down the right hand side window screen brace (if you get what i mean dont kno how to explain it)

and the rev counter on the left of dash just above the centre vents and to the right a bit

different gear knob and handbrake handle on the way as well as new white gaitors for both

going to get a piper cross induction system, bosch HT leads, and Bosch superfour Spark plugs..
hopefully Red anodised hosing and battery covers and stuff

also going to re cover seats with leather as well as parcel shelf

new momo steering wheel + NRG quick release hub and boss on the way <--- dearest part of whole car lol

stereo just put in
with 2 6x9's .. looking for a sub

the rear side bits ... with the arms rests are hopefully getting sprayed black
and the front door cards getting re covered .. leather

anyone else got any other ideas? :whistling: :innocent:

also what wheels can i put on without rolling my arches (alloys) also what stud pattern is it?

cheers everyone
kelv

(p.s will put pictures up when allll this is done)
(p.p.s where can i get body kit xD)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think 4x114.3, however: there is apparently some screw on the back brakes which may interfere with some rims...

Sounds like an awesome plan you've got! Please post pics when its done!

If you really want more oomph, you should strongly consider swapping in a 2.0L Hyundai engine from around the same age. Its a relatively simple swap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (atrain @ Jun 14 2010, 07:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332936
I think 4x114.3, however: there is apparently some screw on the back brakes which may interfere with some rims...

Sounds like an awesome plan you've got! Please post pics when its done!

If you really want more oomph, you should strongly consider swapping in a 2.0L Hyundai engine from around the same age. Its a relatively simple swap.
Can i not just unscrew the screw?? ...

Also what size inlet would i need for a muffler

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also im going for a black interior and a Bright Luminous Orange Exterior trying to find decent body kit just about to check veilside

·
Registered
139 Posts
The screw has been mentioned by others, I have not seen it myself and don't know exactly does it does, but make sure it isn't too important because it is part of the brakes....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts