Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I signed up in hopes I'll find an answer on these boards.

Short story is I have a 2005 Tuscon 2.7 4WD that has just passed 100,000 miles.
While on vacation, 500 miles from home, the car suddenly would not start. It cranked just fine.
Finally called a garage in the next town. They put it on the hauler and took it to the garage where they hooked up the diagnostic computer. It reported the anti-threft system was engaged. Resetting the internal computer apparently reset the anti-theft system. Car started. I paid my $135 and drove back to the beach house.
Next morning, car was packed for the ride home, same issue.
This time we disconnected the battery and let her sit for 15 minutes, reconnected the battery, and tried again. No luck. Repeated the same procedure and let it sit for 20 minutes. Reconnected power and the car started.

Drove home (500 miles) without turning off the engine (two refueling stops). Got up this morning and the car starts like nothing was wrong.

So it appears I have the worst of all possible issues... one that is intermittent.

Anyway... I'm off hunting in search of answers. If anybody knows of helpful posts, link them below. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hi Bob and :00000732: to the forums.
I'm moving this into the Tucson forum where you may get more responses to your problem.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Surely there had to be a "P" code related to this event .. what was the code ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts