Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was extremely busy but so much fun my head was spinning, I got anther tour of the facility but couldn't take any pictures due to new product that they are not yet advertising and had setup in different areas of the warehouse. I had a great time and the weather was perfect for the drive down today. It was 77 and 10% humidity. I got there, pulled her in and started detailing in the wash bay, and in the 30 minutes I was doing some quick detailing to her I had 8 customers come out and ask about the car and comment on her. Once I was done detailing I went back up to the front desk and asked when kelly or Micah (the photographers) would be back. The guy up there said in around 45 minutes and asked if I had ate lunch yet. I told him I hadn't and he said to leave my car in the wash bay and take a company car to get some lunch. I said thanks and I'd like to do that, he said it's either a BMW or a Porsche (in which I thought he was kidding). I jokingly said okay, I'll take the Porsche, he gave me the key to one of their Porsche Cayenne's!! I finally came down from my high when I got to Sub-Way and took a few shots of the "loaner":

Once I got back Micah was there and we started with the shoot. The first picture is when I first pulled it in and he was getting the lighting setup, the next 2 are when he was shooting and I just took these while he was making more lighting adjustments:

Here's the good stuff!!

18x8 Enkei M52 wheels, I love these!!!

18x8 OZ Formula wheels:

18x8 Enkei Fujin wheels:

Continued on next post......

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

He wanted to take some shots of the interior even though they wouldn't be using this in anything, he just loved how it looked:

What an awesome day :D

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Man those wheels look SIIIIIIIIICCCKKKKKKKK !!! Now I know what wheels to get LOL. Great shoot man!! I take it you're keepin the M52?? haha

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man those wheels look SIIIIIIIIICCCKKKKKKKK !!! Now I know what wheels to get LOL. Great shoot man!! I take it you're keepin the M52?? haha
Thanks man, it was a great day. Yeah, I love those wheels, both of them also said they look awesome on there.

What size tires were used? 225/40?
They were Continental Extreme Contact DW 215/40/18. I'm going with 225/40/18 Hankook Ventus V2 Evo K110.

·
Registered
911 Posts
They were Continental Extreme Contact DW 215/40/18. I'm going with 225/40/18 Hankook Ventus V2 Evo K110.
That was fast. Why did you go with the Hankook V12???

White goes with everything but I like the gray wheels the best. Disappointed you didn't comment on the finishes other than I love them.

BTW I caught your thread about the Body Kit. Its an excellent knockoff. How about the name of the ebay vendor as the parts fit and he sells all of them.

·
22,792 Posts
I went to Subway today, too. But is sure as h*** wasn't in a Porsche. LOL They loan you a Porsche and the only place you can think of eating is Subway? {messing wit ya}

IMHO & FWIW: Enkei M52 wheels! End of topic! They accentuate that car like nothing else I've seen. Just sitting there looking all hot and the car looks like it's speeding! Not to brag, but I'm an excellent judge of rims and character! ;)

Dang...I'm envious AND jealous! I could really start to dislike you! But, seeing as we're AutoGlym brothers-in-arms, I let it go for now! :grin:

PS: Nice gloss shine! :thumbsup:

·
6,836 Posts
I went to Subway today, too. But is sure as h*** wasn't in a Porsche. LOL They loan you a Porsche and the only place you can think of eating is Subway? {messing wit ya}

IMHO & FWIW: Enkei M52 wheels! End of topic! They accentuate that car like nothing else I've seen. Just sitting there looking all hot and the car looks like it's speeding! Not to brag, but I'm an excellent judge of rims and character! ;)

Dang...I'm envious AND jealous! I could really start to dislike you! But, seeing as we're AutoGlym brothers-in-arms, I let it go for now! :grin:

HAHA....I know, that Porsche would get to my head and trick me into thinking I was loaded, so I'd probably go eat at some fancy place! :laughing:

Car looks great, gamerguy. It is super clean.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Well that's just about the coolest day you could have related to your E. Those Enkei M52's are the CHIT! One thing I noticed about the shoot, is with all that lighting it really accentuated the difference between the body color and your kit. The kit looks great, and you did a fantastic job of it all, but that subtle difference is a bit of a "spoiler" to me. Sorry. I probably would have gone with black anyway.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just found my new wheels. Any idea what the offset was on thise 18x8 Enkei's was? I found +50 but I dont know if that will be to much....
The offset on the ones they put on my car where +43.

That was fast. Why did you go with the Hankook V12???

White goes with everything but I like the gray wheels the best. Disappointed you didn't comment on the finishes other than I love them.

BTW I caught your thread about the Body Kit. Its an excellent knockoff. How about the name of the ebay vendor as the parts fit and he sells all of them.
I was just really tired last night but planned on getting back on here today and commenting about them :D.

The M52 wheels are a hyperblack color and these are the ones I'm going with, just just give the car another dimension of color while still keeping the clean look I've been after. The OZ Formula are also a hyper black, but more of a matte finish than the gloss of the M52's. These are nice but would be better on something like a WRX, or EVO. The Fujin just really did not settle well with me, the instant we had those put on there and she was back on the ground I felt like those looked as if they would be sporting slicks and looked more like a drag wheel. All 3 wheels were 18x8 with +43 offset.

I've had nothing but great results from the Hankook tires in the past and it's what I have on my Limited wheels right now. They have outstanding wet and dry performance, zero noise on the road, and corner awesome. Don't change it if it isn't broke :D.

The Ebay seller is benz vs bmw, I haven't seen them listing this kit for a while but they have their phone number on all of their listings so I'm betting if you called them they would still have some in stock!

Thanks Rich, I would have went somewhere else but Subway was the only close thing, everything else was about 30 minutes away! Thanks again for the recommendation of the Autoglym!!

Well that's just about the coolest day you could have related to your E. Those Enkei M52's are the CHIT! One thing I noticed about the shoot, is with all that lighting it really accentuated the difference between the body color and your kit. The kit looks great, and you did a fantastic job of it all, but that subtle difference is a bit of a "spoiler" to me. Sorry. I probably would have gone with black anyway.
I noticed what you meant, that upset me a bit but I'm going to pull the entire kit off this winter and re shoot it. That slight color difference just means it has a bit more pearl in it.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also, all of these photos were shot in raw, converted to jpeg and are currently unaltered with no color correction or photoshop performed.

·
22,792 Posts
Do me a favor...let me know when/if I can see the finished ads somewhere. This is exciting stuff...and it ain't even my ride! Happy for you. Go have a cigarette and bathe in the afterglow!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do me a favor...let me know when/if I can see the finished ads somewhere. This is exciting stuff...and it ain't even my ride! Happy for you. Go have a cigarette and bathe in the afterglow!
Will do, the ads it will be in are going to be Modified Magazine, Superstreet, Honda Tuning, on their website, and their internal flyers. They are going to send me copies when they are published and I'll let you know!

·
Registered
911 Posts
The offset on the ones they put on my car where +43.
I don't think so. The way you have the car lowered they should be +45 or more. Here's the 2013 Enkei catalog. The 18X8 is +50 and +40mm offset. The OZ was probably +48.

http://www.enkei.com/Enkei-Catalog-2013.pdf

I've had nothing but great results from the Hankook tires in the past and it's what I have on my Limited wheels right now. They have outstanding wet and dry performance, zero noise on the road, and corner awesome. Don't change it if it isn't broke :D.
Definitely don't change if you are happy with them. Most of the reviews don't agree with you.???

The Ebay seller is benz vs bmw, I haven't seen them listing this kit for a while but they have their phone number on all of their listings so I'm betting if you called them they would still have some in stock!
Big Thanks as I have been tearing ebay apart to find an old listing and came up empty. Hoping at least they can lead me to where I can find the same parts.:)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts