Hyundai Forums banner

Here are the 2018 hyundai sonata photos.

3K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  bobsingh 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Now Our Sonata's will be older generations , sad . lol
i like 2018 overall especially Center console control/Audio and climate controls, with bigger screen, Tail lights are great too BUT sonata badging on trunk, and front headlights and fog lights.

#7 · (Edited)
Looks like the optima and elantra got together. And this is just supposed to me a mid cycle refresh??? Sure hope the next actual design change is much more refined if they stay this course.

I do like the larger ac knobs but the silver buttons seem like they'd be hard to read. The wonky shaped ac vents next to the nav screen drive me crazy that they're no longer symmetrical. Otherwise the interior look and lay out is greatly unchanged.

The front will grow on me, I think, but the rear is butt ugly and screams optima taillights and avalon trunk. Major identity crisis lol they took away the originality here.

And where is the radar sensor on the front now? Is it blended into the front emblem? Maybe that is why it looks to be smooth and shiny.

And no pano roof at all now... Boooooo!

#10 ·
There's ways around the front plate.

Good chance there's a bracket for it, or worst case, use some thru-bolts with fender washers behind the grille.

(I actually like it better than my car that has dimples for drilling the bumper as the only real option.)

(On my car, I would use a bracket with double-sided tape if I had to run a front plate.)

#13 ·
HA! From the day one I am telling that Sonata's dashboard is designed by crossed-eyed engineer; no symmetry at all. Nothing is centered (talking about part with NAVI screes, A/C/), nothing aligns...
2018 is slightly better but not my cup of green tea.
Look how nice and simple is 2018 Elantra GT - buttons for big screen are where are supposed to be: beside screen not somewhere below around your knees. Everything is well centered and pleasant to look at. Well, screen is kind of 'tablet' style but there is no other way to put it in a line of sight.

#15 ·
I was looking on hyundai's site and it has the wireless charging mat which is a nice feature to have. But you can't use AA or Car play this way though. Sure with they'd hurry up and make it avail through either wifi or Bluetooth.

#24 · (Edited)
I totally agree with your assessment after watching the video comparison. I don't mind the rear end and the front does not look as bad as the photos represent it to be. Not a bad car all in all. I think the look is growing on me. In the photos on the Hyundai website, the Sonata looks more elegant.

Go Hyundai!!

I always appreciate your candid/unbiased opinions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.