Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the forest fire smoke in the air in my area, I finally decided to chase down a HEPA cabin air filter for my 2016 PHEV Limited and figured I'd post here in case anyone else is interested.

I ended up with a Bosch 6088C filter:

It's an exact fit replacement for the Hyundai part number 97133-C1010:

That Hyundai 97133-C1010 filter is the exact correct filter for my car, completely filling the filter box with no extra space, so there's no airflow sneaking around the filter.

The smoke level is only "Very Unhealthy" today (a vast improvement over yesterday), so it's difficult to be sure, but the HEPA filter does seem to help strip the smoke smell out of the air, way more so than the stock air filter. I'm sure the filter restricts the air flow some, but it didn't seem too bad.

I've found it tremendously difficult to find cabin air filters for this car since some bozo must have gotten a wrong number entered into some major parts database somewhere. I never know if I'm going to get the wrong size filter or not. So, while it's not a HEPA filter, I might as well post the WIX exact fit replacement too -- a WIX WP10275:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not the best on the market though .
Do you know of a better one? Please, do tell. I was only able to find one HEPA filter that fit my car, and that was it. Only the HEPA rated filters remove the particle size that include smoke -- normal cabin air filters don't remove particles that small.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I used Bosch HEPA filter in 2017 Santa Fe Sport and had to take it out. Took the car to my dealer asking them to see why we got less air flow regardless how high we turn the blower fan and weird noise. They thought that the blower went bad and ended up that the filter was the problem. Please pay attention to the air flow and if you notice reduce output check the filter. Hopefully it will work better for you.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
RockAuto RA149:

·
Registered
795 Posts
RockAuto RA149:
That's not the one pictured by Gazwould, which is a Mann. The ATP does not list it as Hepa.

Not that it matters much.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Not the best on the market though .
Can you give an actual product name and number and then post a website link to that particular product? That would actually be helpful.

·
Registered
288 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts