Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, having problems with my 2002 santa fe. Key symbol appeared on dah two weeks ago and jeep wouldn't start. Called rescue came out had look and said its the immobliser. Got jeep towed to mechanic who put four new heater plugs in and all seemed good, same issued arose two days later, tried starting jeep this light came on and no joy, rang mechanic he suggested turning key to acc and wait 20 seconds light went off and it still wouldn't start, called rescue again. Got jump start and back to mechanic, new battery bought last friday and all went well for three days, went to start it Monday last and same thing. Here I am now a week later with very empty pockets and jeep having to be towed again for third time in three weeks. I only have one key for jeep

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
You need the immobiliser fixing - not the heater plugs or battery - so find another mechanic !

Different model - but I had the same problem on my 2011 Santa Fe - dealer tried repositioning the immobiliser aerial which sits round the ignition key which didn't fix it so they replaced the aerial which worked ok for a while but then played up again - the final cure was to replace the immobiliser control unit which does seem to have done the trick.

You really need a Hyundai dealer, not a general mechanic.

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
jeep wouldn't start.
P.S. "Jeep" is an actual vehicle.....made by Chrysler. ;)

And I agree with the post right before this.
And you might want to get a second key made, if you intend to keep the vehicle very long (yes, I know it's expensive but not as bad as starting with NO keys).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts