Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2006 Hyundai accent from my buddy,and a deer hit the front driver side fender.So i went to repair the fender and side repeater and i can't seem to find the wire harness to hook it back up

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i decided to remove the other one and follow the wire and the wire was cut,

I need this fixed to pass my inspection,i guess i will have to pay for new wiring...sigh

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
considering the location, a crimp connection would likely rot out after a while. a more permanent fix is solder and seal it. shrink wrap with the glue in it if you can fit it on there.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
He's in Maryland, so it only gets inspected once, never inspected again. Just go up to Crazy Rays in Jessup and get yourself a pigtail and crimp it on there.

·
Super Moderator
3,818 Posts
Or replace both repeaters with the body color side moldings that most of the MC Accent 4-doors had. ;)

My 2006 4-door had the moldings there, and I think only 2007 or so had the lights on the 4-door. If yours is a 2006 with them, you've got a unique one. :) All 3-door MC's had the lights.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ugh.

How did it get cut? From removing the old Fender?

Agree with Zero. Make the fix a bit more permanent if possible. Tho I think you could get away with a crimp & heat shrink as well. I know Radio Shack has Heat shrink tubing, but look around.

Personally, I'd probably go with Posi-Locks weathertite connectors on the off chance I ever had to repair it again. They're easy enough to undo that way:
Posi-Tite- Watertite Connector

1 - 9 of 9 Posts