Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, recently the transmission in my 2002 2.7lv6 santa fe triggered a p0740 code which comes up as either:

TCC solenoid failure
open or short circuit condition
blocked passage in transmission.

The only issue I've noticed is an intermittent slight lag when activating the passing gear at highway speeds

Has anyone experienced this code, and if so what issues causes the code to be displayed and subsequently resolved?

Also, where is the TCC solenoid located, as it may be possible for me to exam and replace myself if needed.

Thanks ahead for any advice provided, and I just hoping the transmission doesn't need replacing :unsure:

·
Registered
3 Posts
First off I know notihng about this trans.... but I know HOnda and have rebuilt a 99 odyssey trans with this same code. What happens (in the Honda) is the internal filter (non rplaceable without dropping and splitting the case...) plugs and then pressure is reduced, clamping force is reduced, thus burning out many other items, and the TCC Clutch is #1 it seems...

Hyundai used to copy Mitsubishi and I have 'brought back' trannys that were slipping AND had burnt fluid (Black!) simply by dropping the pan and replacing the filter and fluid... ah the good ol days (1995-98...?)
I did this on an AWD Talon (Mitsu Eclipse) and a Dodge Caravan (mitsu 3.oL) and I was surprised but very happy..!!

Some odyssey owners add an inline filter (Magnefine) to maybe prolong the life of the internal filter... but after the fact it aint gonna do nuttin'

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks grape,

Since dropping the trans to get to the filter is not an option. I'm wondering if a flush would suffice? Have you ever had a flush performed?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts