Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok to fill you guys in i installed a oem navi unit in my base gt. i have a thread on how i made it work so please ask your questions on that subject in that thread.

heres the link to that thread http://www.hyundai-forums.com/gd-2013-elantra-gt/261474-oem-navigation-base-gt-display-stuck-backup-camera.html

now i want to tackle the oem backup camera upgrade

i found a oem upgrade kit on koreanautoimports.com
the kit includes 4 pieces which include the camera and the harness which i assume runs all the way to the navi unit.

heres the link. click on product description to see the pictures
2012+ i30 Rear View Camera Emblem Assembly - Korean Auto Imports

now the dilema. i do not trust the website. ive heard so many negative experiences about that website and i do not wanna risk losing $300+.

what i need from you guys: im looking for wiring diagrams and part numbers that would help with the upgrade. ive looked online in hyundai part websites and i cant find the part number for the harness that runs from the navi unit to the camera. if anyone here works at a hyundai parts counter and could get me a picture and part number for it that would be awesome.

any schematics would help also. the camera has a motor and position sensor so its not a simple install and id like to wire it in right. thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Korean Auto Imports is owned by Sherwood Automotive out of Arizona. It's a legitimate business. I'm not advocating for them, but if you pay with paypal, which I highly suggest, your purchase is covered as you are paying THEM, and not their Korean counterparts. Funds go from you, to another US-based individual or business.

Personally, I wouldn't order from them because there are so many complaints... I've used them before, and regretted it every time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey I have been following all your posts (although I am pretty late to the game). I see they have the backup camera at Korean Auto Imports and it shows that it comes with a harness. I am wondering if you have done this upgrade yet?

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Do yourself a favor and find someone other than KAI to order from. It's not worth the migraines and delays....

The part number is 95760-A5031 and comes pre-painted in all of the OEM paint colors. For mine, it would be 95760-A5031-NKA (Black Noir Pearl)

95760-A5031-N3S
95760-A5031-N5S
95760-A5031-YAC
95760-A5031-YR7
95760-A5031-ZU3
95760-A5031-S7U
95760-A5031-TRP

The part numbers for the 2013 and 2014 are exactly the same, but the color codes aren't offered for both years. Find the color code for your car and you can drop it in.

Hyundai Parts | Hyundai Replacement Parts is a good place to start, or you can drop the part number into google and find it for sale at any number of dealers for $285.20, which is far less than what KAI is selling it for at $329.95, and you'll have to wait for them to special order it from another dealer.

As far as the installation and getting it to work, you're on your own as I have no experience, and the long cable that goes from the NAV unit to the camera assembly on the rear hatch is not present in the non-NAV EGT. The company you order it through can help you find the wire assembly you need to be able to integrate it into your system.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do yourself a favor and find someone other than KAI to order from. It's not worth the migraines and delays....

The part number is 95760-A5031 and comes pre-painted in all of the OEM paint colors. For mine, it would be 95760-A5031-NKA (Black Noir Pearl)

95760-A5031-N3S
95760-A5031-N5S
95760-A5031-YAC
95760-A5031-YR7
95760-A5031-ZU3
95760-A5031-S7U
95760-A5031-TRP

The part numbers for the 2013 and 2014 are exactly the same, but the color codes aren't offered for both years. Find the color code for your car and you can drop it in.

Hyundai Parts | Hyundai Replacement Parts is a good place to start, or you can drop the part number into google and find it for sale at any number of dealers for $285.20, which is far less than what KAI is selling it for at $329.95, and you'll have to wait for them to special order it from another dealer.

As far as the installation and getting it to work, you're on your own as I have no experience, and the long cable that goes from the NAV unit to the camera assembly on the rear hatch is not present in the non-NAV EGT. The company you order it through can help you find the wire assembly you need to be able to integrate it into your system.
thanks for the part numbers. im mainly interested in the part number for the body harness the camera connects you. its been real tempting to order the KAI kit because it includes this mystery harness that i cant find on any hyundai parts site. Ive also been looking into making my own harness. i think i can cheat the motor in the camera to flip up using the reverse lights as a trigger for a relay. in theory it sounds like it will work but we'll see. i have to get my hands on the camera first to see how it works.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry for the necrobump, but did you ever get this installed munoz? I just bought a used 2014 GT and thinking of doing the same thing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm trying to "reverse engineer" my OEM backup camera to work with an OEM NAV head unit. When I bought the car, I installed Compass NAV instead of paying for the OEM Nav option( which also required a sunroof as a package). I purchased the OEM camera from Compass NAV. They had removed the 10 pin R 36 connector from the camera, and hardwired in wires to connect with the Compass NAV unit

The Compass NAV unit has failed (screen went dark) and I'm trying to retrofit an OEM NAV head unit. I have the wiring diagrams and pinouts for the camera; but I'm lost with the connector R36 missing. Can anyone match up the 8 wires coming from the OEM camera to connector R36? The wire colors are as follows.

From Camera
Yellow
White
Red
Black

From motor unit:
Red
Black
Blue
Green

Thanks,

Brent

Attachments

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
They don't sell the Elantra here in the UK, but here is the wiring for the camera on the Hyundai i30, which is the UK equivalent model :

From Camera
Yellow : Video Signal
White : Video Ground
Red : Camera Power Supply (6V)
Black : Camera Ground

From motor unit:
Red : Battery 12V
Black : Ground
Blue : Ignition 12V
Green : Reverse 12V

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you so much; this is exactly what I needed.
I've added the R36 connector pin numbers;maybe will help someone in the future.
They don't sell the Elantra here in the UK, but here is the wiring for the camera on the Hyundai i30, which is the UK equivalent model :

From Camera R36
Yellow : Video Signal 8
White : Video Ground 9
Red : Camera Power Supply (6V) 6
Black : Camera Ground 10 (shield for 8 and 9)

From motor unit:
Red : Battery 12V 1
Black : Ground 5
Blue : Ignition 12V 2
Green : Reverse 12V 3

·
Registered
27 Posts
AUTOSPARK,

Thanks again, was able to make it work. Made a pretty successful swap from Compass NAV to OEM NAV headunit. Everything works except USB and AUX jacks. Still getting an error message about incorrect telematics unit--not related to backup camera.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm trying to "reverse engineer" my OEM backup camera to work with an OEM NAV head unit. When I bought the car, I installed Compass NAV instead of paying for the OEM Nav option( which also required a sunroof as a package). I purchased the OEM camera from Compass NAV. They had removed the 10 pin R 36 connector from the camera, and hardwired in wires to connect with the Compass NAV unit

The Compass NAV unit has failed (screen went dark) and I'm trying to retrofit an OEM NAV head unit. I have the wiring diagrams and pinouts for the camera; but I'm lost with the connector R36 missing. Can anyone match up the 8 wires coming from the OEM camera to connector R36? The wire colors are as follows.

From Camera
Yellow
White
Red
Black

From motor unit:
Red
Black
Blue
Green

Thanks,

Brent
Brent,
Any chance you could share some pictures of the OEM back up camera wiring that CompassNAV modified. I have the CompassNav head unit (still functioning great for now) but went out and bought an OEM back up camera separately. I want to get this installed. But I'm starting with virtually nothing, as my trim was not equipped with with any OEM camera. Hopefully you're still lurking around on here. thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts