Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 Accent 1.5L that has a misfire on #3. I have replaced the head gasket, valve cover and gasket, intake gasket, timing belt, yes it was top dead center, MAF, Charcoal canister sensor, MAF, plugs, wires, coil pack, injector #3, and the compression in #3 is 130. I do not have any idea what else to check. No other codes.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
i'm really hoping that you didn't replace all that for a misfire...if you did i think its time to put down the wrench and step away.

you have low compression so that would be only a couple things:

- head gasket was not installed properly. was flatness of head checked? was a torque wrench and proper spec used on head bolts? lubricated bolts? were they new or reused? was the torque angle guide used to spec?

- bad rings. throw a squirt of oil in there with your compression test. if pressure jumps right back up you have bad rings.

- cracked head or block. all i can say is inspect as you work. usually quite obvious once you have it apart.

- bad valve that is not sealing correctly. could be damaged, bad carbon buildup. would require regrind at best. can be done by hand, but still need to tear the thing apart again.

·
Registered
622 Posts
i'm really hoping that you didn't replace all that for a misfire...if you did i think its time to put down the wrench and step away.

you have low compression so that would be only a couple things:

- head gasket was not installed properly. was flatness of head checked? was a torque wrench and proper spec used on head bolts? lubricated bolts? were they new or reused? was the torque angle guide used to spec?

- bad rings. throw a squirt of oil in there with your compression test. if pressure jumps right back up you have bad rings.

- cracked head or block. all i can say is inspect as you work. usually quite obvious once you have it apart.

- bad valve that is not sealing correctly. could be damaged, bad carbon buildup. would require regrind at best. can be done by hand, but still need to tear the thing apart again.
Yea, what he said. That's an awful lot of work for a misfire!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts