Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
i need to replace the key ignition on my hyundai santa fe 2003, 2.0 crdi. I already have the whole piece, i only need to get off the old piece. I´m trying, but i can´t, because there not enough place on the right side, to take the whole piece out. Any suggestion? Thank you very much!
IMG_0642-min.JPG

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Is that a loose ignition barrel hanging off an octopus strap? Is that open hole in th eright of the picture of the opening the barrel was?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

That pin looks like it will depress once the rest is removed. I know for the key barrell in one of my Hyundais, the key needs to be at ACC position, then there's a pin that is depressed and it pops right out, maybe it's similar for the rest

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, the ignition barrel hanging is the new one, so i can start the auto. That open hole in the right of the picute ist the old ignition barrel, that i need to take out.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I don't have my manuals with me but I think if the column is dropped, thre may be a small hole to depress that pin and remove that body but I can't say from experience

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That pin looks like it will depress once the rest is removed. I know for the key barrell in one of my Hyundais, the key needs to be at ACC position, then there's a pin that is depressed and it pops right out, maybe it's similar for the rest

Thanks Gerard, i´ve already pushed the pin, the barrel it´s already out, the only problem ist that´s there not enough space to take the whole barrel out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts