Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently was able to install a backup camera (wired). I was able to fish the signal wire from the tailgate all the way to the head unit. I did not think to bring the reverse light signal at that time. I thought there will be some equivalent wire near the head unit. I am unable to find one. The best I can find is the signal into the reverse sensor buzzer. However, this is not good to use since the signal comes in pulses.

Could someone let me know if you know of one? I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After some digging, I was able to find a reverse signal within the cabin to use with the backup camera system. It is found in the driver side A pillar where the head airbag is located.

Just pop open the SRS cap in the pillar and remove the Philip screw and slowly pop out the pillar cover. You should find a 16P connector. Just patch it into pin 9 from the connector that sits higher on the pillar. This pin supplies power to the electro chromic mirror.

Here is the link to the schematic

Back-up lamps

That will supply +12V as signal to your backup camera system.

I hope it helps other and good luck

·
Registered
50 Posts
Can you share pics of your install and brand name info

QUOTE (hieppo @ Oct 12 2010, 12:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363017
After some digging, I was able to find a reverse signal within the cabin to use with the backup camera system. It is found in the driver side A pillar where the head airbag is located.

Just pop open the SRS cap in the pillar and remove the Philip screw and slowly pop out the pillar cover. You should find a 16P connector. Just patch it into pin 9 from the connector that sits higher on the pillar. This pin supplies power to the electro chromic mirror.

Here is the link to the schematic

Back-up lamps

That will supply +12V as signal to your backup camera system.

I hope it helps other and good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts