Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
i just bought a fake alarm led for my accent 2012 but now wondering on which fuse to plug it, i'm afraid to connect it on wrong one...please anyone can you enlight me :confused:
here is the instructions
Car Alarm LED Install
and i took a pic of my fuse box...
thanks and god bless you all!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
940 Posts
It sounds like they want you to connect to an ignition wire which presents a ground when the ignition is off. I believe this is the pink wire. I can test it for you because I have my steering cowling removed right now.

If that's true, you'd connect the positive to a constant 12v source. Like the blue wire in the same ignition harness. The 12v won't have continuity to ground until the ignition is off. This way it won't blink at you while you're driving.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Which wire did you finally connect the leads to? (EDIT: Ignore this question, I just saw your reply)

I've been meaning to do this since a long time now. Even got me a set of 100 blinking red LEDs. They were so cheap for the set that it didn't make sense to buy just 1. The 100pcs cost me $5 including shipping!

·
22,788 Posts
i connected black wire in spare#6 (15A) and put the red one in spare#1 (10A)... light blink only when car is off, it's perfect!!
Now that's a first for me. I didn't know there was power going to the "spare" fuses. I had always figured they were isolated from any source of power in case they were needed at a later date to replace one that had blown.

I never had any reason to think about or test this, so I just assumed they were "hanging around, like a jilted bride at the alter."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts