Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (elp_jc @ Jun 1 2010, 05:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328574
Don't know what you mean by 'voice training', but I can definitely ADD entries on my non-nav Limited. THOSE the system understands, but you have to record one by one, so I only recorded a handful. What the system doesn't understand most of the time are my phonebook entries. The ones downloaded from my phone. And no, there's no way to 'train' the system for those. Maybe the system only understand Korean accents :innocent:?

If you go to 'phonebook', 'add entry', 'by voice', and proceed to follow the instructions, you can record entries with your own voice that the system will always recognize. The challenge is to speak in a way that the system understands when saying the phone numbers. It's an exercise in patience :grin:. Oh, and get this: the system does not recognize any of my phonebook entries to dial, but when I want to record the same name myself, it says it's already recorded. Geez. So I had to record those numbers under a different name. Frustrating. Probably an incompatibility with my phone. Just play with your system and hopefully you'll have better luck. My wife can dial from her phonebook, no problem. But I can't. Oh, and don't get in the car with 2 paired phones because the stupid system blocks both phones, doesn't receive or make calls, and you can't make or receive calls even if you try manually. We had to shut down bluetooth to be able to make a freaking call. Guess that 'priority' list is useless. Oh well. Hope this helps.
Assuming that you don't have NAV, correct? My unit (with NAV) does not seem to have the ability to have it's own phone book, and my current phone won't transfer contacts via bluetooth.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
QUOTE (stunt101 @ May 31 2010, 08:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328259
Ok so i tried this again.
- First i removed all my paired devices from my phone, Sonata and my jabra ear piece. So in your droid to settings > wireless and network settings > bluetooth settings and hold down on your paired devices. a window will pop up where you can remove them.
- next i set my phone to discover mode and tuned on my radio
- on the radio i went to setup > BT > i think it was pair device, already forgot but you already got to that part with the 0000 that display.
- the sonata could see my phone and said connected but the phone book did not download.
- Next i turned off the bluetooth on my phone and turned it back on
- then turned off the radio and turned it back on. when i did that my phone displayed a message saying is it ok for sonata to always access my call history and phone book. i said always allow and that was it.

Hope this helps
YUP, that worked just fine....

Of course my contacts didn't upload ...

So I remember reading a post here somewhere that they magically appeared after a day or so and sure enough, they appeared and work just fine now..

Thanks for the help....

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
QUOTE (BiXLL @ Jun 1 2010, 06:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328575
sometimes I HATE technoligy!!!! I think I am getting too old, and it is getting too confusing!
Well Shucks, I was just gonna ask you to Hack the Nav and get rid of that nasty AGREE screen every time I start the car. :whistling:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.