Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am late to the party as most of you already this up and running and the bugs worked out but I didn't mess with it because I knew I was getting close to getting a new phone. I figured I would set everything up with the new phone.

Well I got my new phone , a DROID..... Of course there is a huge learning curve with the android versus just a regular old phone...

Anyway, that is another story for another time and place.

Being somewhat familiar with bluetooth I didn't think this was going to be a big thing, but obviously I am doing something wrong.

First time I tried to pair my Droid and Sonata it went so fast and connected I couldn't believe it, I didn't even get the screen that asked for the 0000...

Anyway, connection keeps dropping and reloading over and over and no contacts up loaded...

So I deleted the phone , shut down the car, started the car up again and Paired the droid again and this time I got the window for the 0000, typed it in and got re connected to the car.....

I can make a call, receive a call, still no contacts uploaded and still dropping and re connecting about every 2 minutes or so...

I just quit and gave up for today, hoping someone has been through this and has a tip or hint to help me out.....

HELP !!

OH yeah, edited to add that I am trying to make this work by using the buttons on the system not even trying voice yet, I figured one hurdle at a time..... LOL

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess no one has the Droid connected and working properly then....

2.2 is scheduled for sometime this year, I hear rumors of June but then the 2.1 upgrade took much longer than expected, so I am not holding my breath......

Maybe I should have stayed with my last phone......

NAH, the Droid is way too good to lose....

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (stunt101 @ May 31 2010, 07:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328242
I have Verizon and the droid phone, and it works fine. My current version number is 2.1. The voice recognition could be better, but i have no problems pairing the phone.
I have 2.1 also....

Could you give me a step by step walk though as to how you paired and connected..l

assume I have never done anything like this so I don't miss a little step ..
What I did was with the car running I click on phone,settings, pairing, add, then I turned on bluetooth on the droid and searched for connections from the drioid until it found the4 sonata .....

Like I said they see and connect. It looks like the sonata is dropping the connection...... and then trying to get it back again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (stunt101 @ May 31 2010, 08:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328259
Ok so i tried this again.
- First i removed all my paired devices from my phone, Sonata and my jabra ear piece. So in your droid to settings > wireless and network settings > bluetooth settings and hold down on your paired devices. a window will pop up where you can remove them.
- next i set my phone to discover mode and tuned on my radio
- on the radio i went to setup > BT > i think it was pair device, already forgot but you already got to that part with the 0000 that display.
- the sonata could see my phone and said connected but the phone book did not download.
- Next i turned off the bluetooth on my phone and turned it back on
- then turned off the radio and turned it back on. when i did that my phone displayed a message saying is it ok for sonata to always access my call history and phone book. i said always allow and that was it.

Hope this helps
Thanks, I will give this a try first thing tomorrow..... I will let you know how it goes but i think this just might do it......

Thanks again.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
QUOTE (stunt101 @ May 31 2010, 08:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328259
Ok so i tried this again.
- First i removed all my paired devices from my phone, Sonata and my jabra ear piece. So in your droid to settings > wireless and network settings > bluetooth settings and hold down on your paired devices. a window will pop up where you can remove them.
- next i set my phone to discover mode and tuned on my radio
- on the radio i went to setup > BT > i think it was pair device, already forgot but you already got to that part with the 0000 that display.
- the sonata could see my phone and said connected but the phone book did not download.
- Next i turned off the bluetooth on my phone and turned it back on
- then turned off the radio and turned it back on. when i did that my phone displayed a message saying is it ok for sonata to always access my call history and phone book. i said always allow and that was it.

Hope this helps
YUP, that worked just fine....

Of course my contacts didn't upload ...

So I remember reading a post here somewhere that they magically appeared after a day or so and sure enough, they appeared and work just fine now..

Thanks for the help....

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
QUOTE (BiXLL @ Jun 1 2010, 06:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328575
sometimes I HATE technoligy!!!! I think I am getting too old, and it is getting too confusing!
Well Shucks, I was just gonna ask you to Hack the Nav and get rid of that nasty AGREE screen every time I start the car. :whistling:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.