Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I am late to the party as most of you already this up and running and the bugs worked out but I didn't mess with it because I knew I was getting close to getting a new phone. I figured I would set everything up with the new phone.

Well I got my new phone , a DROID..... Of course there is a huge learning curve with the android versus just a regular old phone...

Anyway, that is another story for another time and place.

Being somewhat familiar with bluetooth I didn't think this was going to be a big thing, but obviously I am doing something wrong.

First time I tried to pair my Droid and Sonata it went so fast and connected I couldn't believe it, I didn't even get the screen that asked for the 0000...

Anyway, connection keeps dropping and reloading over and over and no contacts up loaded...

So I deleted the phone , shut down the car, started the car up again and Paired the droid again and this time I got the window for the 0000, typed it in and got re connected to the car.....

I can make a call, receive a call, still no contacts uploaded and still dropping and re connecting about every 2 minutes or so...

I just quit and gave up for today, hoping someone has been through this and has a tip or hint to help me out.....

HELP !!

OH yeah, edited to add that I am trying to make this work by using the buttons on the system not even trying voice yet, I figured one hurdle at a time..... LOL

·
Registered
426 Posts
I am having problems with voice recognition when trying to make a call. My wife can not get it to take Bill when trying to call me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i had a problem with my n1 running android 2.1 also. same symptoms, got so frustrated i gave up even trying. after my update to 2.2, it is working great, perhaps when you get the update that will solve your problems.
mickey

·
Registered
533 Posts
Could it be that VZW blocks contact uploads on their phones. I know that VZW does cripple some features on their phones.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess no one has the Droid connected and working properly then....

2.2 is scheduled for sometime this year, I hear rumors of June but then the 2.1 upgrade took much longer than expected, so I am not holding my breath......

Maybe I should have stayed with my last phone......

NAH, the Droid is way too good to lose....

·
Registered
932 Posts
QUOTE (Bingo Steve @ May 31 2010, 05:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328224
Could it be that VZW blocks contact uploads on their phones. I know that VZW does cripple some features on their phones.
Yes, VZW is known for blocking things. I made nice money on a class action lawsuit over bluetooth profiles. But I have a Blackberry 8830 through VZW (work supplied) and it works fine with the Sonata including contact upload.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have Verizon and the droid phone, and it works fine. My current version number is 2.1. The voice recognition could be better, but i have no problems pairing the phone.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm assuming you guys having trouble with the voice recognition have tried training the system to your voice? After I did that it now works flawlessly for me, even with other people talking in the car.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (stunt101 @ May 31 2010, 07:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328242
I have Verizon and the droid phone, and it works fine. My current version number is 2.1. The voice recognition could be better, but i have no problems pairing the phone.
I have 2.1 also....

Could you give me a step by step walk though as to how you paired and connected..l

assume I have never done anything like this so I don't miss a little step ..
What I did was with the car running I click on phone,settings, pairing, add, then I turned on bluetooth on the droid and searched for connections from the drioid until it found the4 sonata .....

Like I said they see and connect. It looks like the sonata is dropping the connection...... and then trying to get it back again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
162 Posts
QUOTE (Quigley21 @ May 31 2010, 08:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328253
I have 2.1 also....

Could you give me a step by step walk though as to how you paired and connected..l

assume I have never done anything like this so I don't miss a little step ..
What I did was with the car running I click on phone,settings, pairing, add, then I turned on bluetooth on the droid and searched for connections from the drioid until it found the4 sonata .....

Like I said they see and connect. It looks like the sonata is dropping the connection...... and then trying to get it back again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ok so i tried this again.
- First i removed all my paired devices from my phone, Sonata and my jabra ear piece. So in your droid to settings > wireless and network settings > bluetooth settings and hold down on your paired devices. a window will pop up where you can remove them.
- next i set my phone to discover mode and tuned on my radio
- on the radio i went to setup > BT > i think it was pair device, already forgot but you already got to that part with the 0000 that display.
- the sonata could see my phone and said connected but the phone book did not download.
- Next i turned off the bluetooth on my phone and turned it back on
- then turned off the radio and turned it back on. when i did that my phone displayed a message saying is it ok for sonata to always access my call history and phone book. i said always allow and that was it.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (stunt101 @ May 31 2010, 08:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328259
Ok so i tried this again.
- First i removed all my paired devices from my phone, Sonata and my jabra ear piece. So in your droid to settings > wireless and network settings > bluetooth settings and hold down on your paired devices. a window will pop up where you can remove them.
- next i set my phone to discover mode and tuned on my radio
- on the radio i went to setup > BT > i think it was pair device, already forgot but you already got to that part with the 0000 that display.
- the sonata could see my phone and said connected but the phone book did not download.
- Next i turned off the bluetooth on my phone and turned it back on
- then turned off the radio and turned it back on. when i did that my phone displayed a message saying is it ok for sonata to always access my call history and phone book. i said always allow and that was it.

Hope this helps
Thanks, I will give this a try first thing tomorrow..... I will let you know how it goes but i think this just might do it......

Thanks again.

·
Registered
162 Posts
QUOTE (vewdew @ May 31 2010, 07:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328245
I'm assuming you guys having trouble with the voice recognition have tried training the system to your voice? After I did that it now works flawlessly for me, even with other people talking in the car.
@vevdew, I have a GLS without Nav and could not figure out how to do this. Didn't find anything in the manual. How did you do this?

·
Registered
426 Posts
QUOTE (vewdew @ May 31 2010, 07:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328245
I have the SE with no nav and can't figure out how to "train" it to my voice either. Can you give us some instruction?

·
Registered
589 Posts
It's pretty self-explanatory folks. Just start with 'help' after pressing the top 'voice' button, hear the options and go from there. And no need to press the button again. You can also do everything except the phonebook thru the 'setup' menu on the dash (after choosing 'phone').

What I'm having problems with is the stupid system getting confused when both my wife and myself are in the car. Both phones are blocked, as we can't make or receive calls in the car or with the phones. Ended up having to turn freaking bluetooth off. When only one of us is in the car no problem. With the 'priority' it shouldn't get confused. POS. And even 'connecting' my phone didn't work. These things are far from perfect, so we have to live with crap like that. Oh well. Oh, and don't expect great voice recognition; we have to repeat commands several times most of the time, and several times it drops the calls after the 3rd attempt. And the bummer is we have no freaking way to make calls manually, like I can do on my BMW (its voice recognition is equally $hitty, by the way). Good day.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (elp_jc @ Jun 1 2010, 04:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328544
It's pretty self-explanatory folks. Just start with 'help' after pressing the top 'voice' button, hear the options and go from there. And no need to press the button again. You can also do everything except the phonebook thru the 'setup' menu on the dash (after choosing 'phone').

What I'm having problems with is the stupid system getting confused when both my wife and myself are in the car. Both phones are blocked, as we can't make or receive calls in the car or with the phones. Ended up having to turn freaking bluetooth off. When only one of us is in the car no problem. With the 'priority' it shouldn't get confused. POS. And even 'connecting' my phone didn't work. These things are far from perfect, so we have to live with crap like that. Oh well. Oh, and don't expect great voice recognition; we have to repeat commands several times most of the time, and several times it drops the calls after the 3rd attempt. And the bummer is we have no freaking way to make calls manually, like I can do on my BMW (its voice recognition is equally $hitty, by the way). Good day.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.........I can make manual calls on my radio....I use my Nav's touch screen in phone mode.....but of course our system is LIGHT YEARS behind BMW's iDrive system...........yeah that's it.....the iDrive system.....BMW's answer to conquering the world......too bad the cars are more geared towards "driving" then "i'ing"

·
Registered
162 Posts
QUOTE (elp_jc @ Jun 1 2010, 04:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328544

So you have done the voice training and it still doesn't work well! Suppose I'll give up on this.

I'm guessing you have navigation, and the options must be different.
This is the Menu tree for my system after help. This is also listed on page 4 | 131 in my manual.

Setup > Pair phone, Select phone, Delete phone, Change priority, Bluetooth off

Phonebook > Add entry - By voice or By Phone, Change, Delete Name

Call > By name, By number

Nothing about voice training...

·
Registered
426 Posts
QUOTE (stunt101 @ Jun 1 2010, 05:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328566
So you have done the voice training and it still doesn't work well! Suppose I'll give up on this.

I'm guessing you have navigation, and the options must be different.
This is the Menu tree for my system after help. This is also listed on page 4 | 131 in my manual.

Setup > Pair phone, Select phone, Delete phone, Change priority, Bluetooth off

Phonebook > Add entry - By voice or By Phone, Change, Delete Name

Call > By name, By number

Nothing about voice training...
I am thinking you can only do the voice training if you have Nav. I have an SE without Nav and I have the same commands as you, nothing about voice training.

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (stunt101 @ Jun 1 2010, 04:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328566
So you have done the voice training and it still doesn't work well!
Don't know what you mean by 'voice training', but I can definitely ADD entries on my non-nav Limited. THOSE the system understands, but you have to record one by one, so I only recorded a handful. What the system doesn't understand most of the time are my phonebook entries. The ones downloaded from my phone. And no, there's no way to 'train' the system for those. Maybe the system only understand Korean accents :innocent:?

If you go to 'phonebook', 'add entry', 'by voice', and proceed to follow the instructions, you can record entries with your own voice that the system will always recognize. The challenge is to speak in a way that the system understands when saying the phone numbers. It's an exercise in patience :grin:. Oh, and get this: the system does not recognize any of my phonebook entries to dial, but when I want to record the same name myself, it says it's already recorded. Geez. So I had to record those numbers under a different name. Frustrating. Probably an incompatibility with my phone. Just play with your system and hopefully you'll have better luck. My wife can dial from her phonebook, no problem. But I can't. Oh, and don't get in the car with 2 paired phones because the stupid system blocks both phones, doesn't receive or make calls, and you can't make or receive calls even if you try manually. We had to shut down bluetooth to be able to make a freaking call. Guess that 'priority' list is useless. Oh well. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts