Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
My girlfriend's car was totaled Friday and I really need some help getting my Sonata back on the road for her to drive .
A month ago ,it quit coming out of a traffic circle ,coasted to the shoulder and cranked but would not start . I had it towed home and replaced the fuel pump assembly .
Ever since it will start once and quit after about a second , then no start at all . Crank sensor works , have spark and fuel ,timing chains , guides and tension-ers , oil pump and water pump all replaced about 3 months ago . I have tested cam position sensors , as per U-tube instructions , test ok .
At my wits end , Help !
Paul

·
Registered
666 Posts
Thought at first possibly a large vacuum leak, but might want to check fuel pressure, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
So what tests have you done on the engine?
Check for spark?
Check for fuel pressure at fuel rail?
Does check engine light come on when first turn to "ON" position?

Also, note that changing parts does not guarantee the new parts work
And that changing the part did not cause other issues

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what tests have you done on the engine?
Check for spark?
Check for fuel pressure at fuel rail?
Does check engine light come on when first turn to "ON" position?

Also, note that changing parts does not guarantee the new parts work
And that changing the part did not cause other issues
As I said above , I have spark and fuel , yes check engine light on when key is on. 2007 SE tach registers when cranking , will start and immediately shut off on first try , then just crank after that .

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
As I said above , I have spark and fuel , yes check engine light on when key is on. 2007 SE tach registers when cranking , will start and immediately shut off on first try , then just crank after that .
How about trying to spray some starter fluid after it starts to see if it will continue to run?
If it does then fuel could be the issue.
When you say you have fuel, what does that mean?
Did you check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail?
Check for injector pulse?

Do you have an immobilizer?
Does a key symbol light up when first turning the key to the "ON" position?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts