Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!
I wonder if anyone has had a similar problem with their Tiburon....?

My Tiburon has developed a wobble on the steering wheel that sometimes builds up at around 65-75 mph on most road surfaces. Have had the wheels balanced 5 times! Can't seem to get rid of it.

Any suggestions? Does anyone elses do this (this is my second Tib and, to be honest, both have had some sort of wobble at some speeds, but I always thought I'd get it sorted next service...)

It's really annoying!!!!! :angry: :angry:

E

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Jonny 4 Spanners@Sep 20 2004, 12:23 PM
Hi there!
I wonder if anyone has had a similar problem with their Tiburon....?

My Tiburon has developed a wobble on the steering wheel that sometimes builds up at around 65-75 mph on most road surfaces. Have had the wheels balanced 5 times! Can't seem to get rid of it.

Any suggestions? Does anyone elses do this (this is my second Tib and, to be honest, both have had some sort of wobble at some speeds, but I always thought I'd get it sorted next service...)

It's really annoying!!!!!  :angry:  :angry:
[snapback]1262[/snapback]​

Sorry for the late reply..I just joined as a member....this is not atypical with Tiburons!!! assuming you have had the entire front suspension checked for any loose components..have the tyres checked for what is called Radial Force Variation.....this is a common problem with tyres as during installation when a technician for some reason changes tyres they have no idea what this is and they keep balancing tyres and that is not the real problem....do a google search for Hunter Wheel Balancer and you will find a small explanation on RFV...this is how tyre manufacturers spot their tyres when they have some manufacturing deficiencies....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey!
Ure problem with ure wheels.... its the belts inside the tires... theres no fixin it .. u have to get new tires... u might only have one or 2 busted belts and can get away with only buying 2 new tires... but if u wait... all 4 of ure tires will need to be replaced like mine :)... the dealership balanced mine like 3 times when i bought it and couldnt figure it out.. then i took it to my regular mechanic and he knew exactly what it was ... ure tires will wear out really fast so be careful.... mine wore right thru to the metal .. and i had to stop driving the car cuz i didnt want a blow out on the highway or sumthin ... hope i could help :)
~tibchic~
www.cardomain.com/id/tibchick2000

1 - 3 of 3 Posts