Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Santa Fe with about 70k on it. It's in excellent condition mechanically, and cosmetically. I recently started having an issue with it. About once per week, my wife goes to start it, and there is no response. Nothing. Turn the key and nothing. No turn of the engine, no clicking of the starter, no electrical, nothing. The battery is only about 7 months old, and checks fine. The remote lock/unlock won't even work. Literally, nothing. To remedy this, I disconnect the negative terminal in the battery for about 30 seconds, and then it starts up as if nothing happened.

This happens once or twice per week, and there is no warning lights, "Check Engine" light, to warn that it will happen.

Any idea what this could be? Thanks.

Phil

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
The early CM series has been known for grounding issues as someguy notes. Often, before the vehicle goes completely to pot as yours seems to have done, owners will report issues with blower motor slowing down or dimming headlights. I'm attaching the TSB that talks about cleaning up the ground points in hopes that it might get you started in the right direction.

Attachments

·
Banned
532 Posts
Women drivers....is she turning the key to the right?

:D:D:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts